Australia Awards Scholarships for Developing Countries 2021/2022
Australia Scholarships Awards 2021/2022 – This is another application round for the Australia awards scholarships. The good news is that it’s now open. The awards are targeted towards students and professionals from developing countries around the world. That being said, you can now access the opportunity. All you have to do is to check if you’re eligible and know the application period for your country.
The Australia Awards Scholarships program is administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The main aim is to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries. Especially in the areas of bilateral and regional agreements.
Sponsor(s) of Scholarship: Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Scholarships Host: Australian Universities/Institutions.
Type of Scholarship: Fully-Funded Scholarships
Level of Scholarship: Postgraduate (Masters and Short Courses).
Allowance/Worth of Scholarship: Fully-Funded.
Eligible Subjects: All subject areas.
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
Australia Awards Scholarship 2021/2022 In Details
Australia Awards scholarship opportunities are provided only to people from developing countries. Especially those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region. The scholarship enables them to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate studies. This will be completed at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
- First, applications are accepted from students of developing countries
- Also, applicants should be enrolling for a Master’s degree study program in an Australian public university
- Additionally, applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract. This contract will be with the Commonwealth of Australia. A contract declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
- All scholars are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. If not adhered to, it will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total cost of their scholarship.
- Applicants should also check country-specific eligibility for all participating countries
You should also know that Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for a minimum period. This is the period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program. The period is specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply to awardees:
- Full tuition fees.
- Return air travel. There is the payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance. There is a once-only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, textbooks, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE). This is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP). This is a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies. It usually covers information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for awardee only). This is provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fee. This occurs only if deemed necessary. Thus, PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- Supplementary academic support may also be available. This is to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- This is for research awards and Masters by coursework which has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory. It may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare. It will be via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
procedures for Application
You can easily apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2021/2022 in two ways.
Applying Online: Simply go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). Then, you will register online. Afterward, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. Finally, you will then be given a unique registration number, username, and password.
Applying by Email: If for any reason you are unable to submit your application online, you can apply by mail. Simply check your participating country profile for contact details to get a hardcopy application form. They will also give you other templates such as referee reports if applicable)
The closing date for 2022 intake applications for all eligible countries has been extended to the 31st of May 2021.