The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023-24 in the UK are offered to students from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries to study for a full-time master’s degree at a UK universities. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
As part of the UK’s ongoing commitment to the Commonwealth, each year around 800 students are given the chance to undertake postgraduate degrees with UK universities.
If you are from a Commonwealth country and believe you could make a difference to the world but you can’t afford to fund your UK studies on your own, then you could be the ideal candidate to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship for masters students online today.
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships Breif Description
- Host Institution(s): UK Universities
- Level and Field(s) of study: Eligible Masters Degree Programme at a UK University
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Target group: Citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country.
Each scholarship provides airfare to and from United Kingdom, tuition and examination fees, stipend, thesis grant (if applicable), warm clothing allowance, among others.
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/2024 Eligibility
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
- By September 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters Students Eligible countries
Please note that only candidates from the eligible countries listed below can apply for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in 2023/24.
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Helena
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
How to Apply for 2023-2024 Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship Programme
As said earlier, the applications for Commonwealth Master’s scholarships for the 2023/24 academic year are now open.
Applications must be made using the CSC’s online application system.
Candidates must apply to one of the below nominating agencies as well as to the CSC. Nominating agencies will then put forward candidates to the CSC. The CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships.
Application Deadline: The closing date for applications (including all supporting documentation) is 18 October 2022 at 16:00 GMT.