Create a Google Blog for Free |Install Blogger Template
How to Create a Google Blog for Free is what you’re going to learn from this article today. First of all, what is Google Blog? I know this question is not unfamiliar to many people, especially if you have heard about Blogger.
To answer the question, Google blog is a content publishing service company owned by Google that allows people to create personal blogs at no cost in very easy and simple steps.
To create a personal blog with Google Blog is so simple and easy. Even an internet newbie can successfully do it in five minutes. The name Google blog simply comes from the fact that the publishing platform is owned by Google but the real name or what many know it as is Blogger.
As the title of this article clearly states, creating a personal blog with a Google Blogger site or platform is free. But then you have little or minimal control of the blog looks and build up in that your blog will be created under a subdomain called “.blogspot.com”.
Breaking it down, it simply means that the website or blog you will create on Blogger with bear the URL or your chosen site name and that of Google added name like www.mysite.blogspot.com.
But then on the good side, you have unlimited space to publish anything you want. Most importantly, if you so wish you can even start earning from it by displaying Google Adverts on the site after a period of six months and as your people visit your blog.
How To Create a Google Blog
Always keep in mind that owning a Google blog is free and easy to create. But first, you will need a google account to access the blogger platform. If you don’t have a google account yet visit www.gmail.com to quickly sign up for one.
Afterward, follow the steps below to create a Google blog:
- First, visit Bloggers.com
- Then sign in with your Google account.
- If you are asked to enter a display name, key in one and go-ahead to the dropdown arrow at the top left sidebar of your screen and tap “New Blog”.
- Enter the title of your choice and the blog name or domain name.
- Select a nice theme or template of your choice.
- Click on the “Create Blog” button. That’s all.
How to Install Blogger Template OnYour Blog
This particular stage scares many away but it shouldn’t. This is because they assume it to be a difficult task to do. Meanwhile, it’s as easy as creating a blog that you just did a few minutes ago with the few steps above.
Follow these simple steps to install the blogger template:
- First, download the blog template you want to install on your blog.
- After that, sign in to access your blogger dashboard at Blogger.com.
- Click on the “Theme” button.
- Afterward, locate the “Backup or Restore” button on the top right of the page and click on it to save your current settings.
- Under the “upload a theme from a file on your hard drive section” click on “Choose File”.
- Select the file folder where you saved the Theme and click on the File that ends with “.xml”.
- Click upload and wait for a successful upload.
- Save and click view to see the new effect.
Go ahead and create an amazing blog and install the template of your choice.