Dallas Truck Accident Lawyer | Get a Dallas truck accident lawyer
Dallas Truck Accident Lawyer –Have You Been Injured in a Truck Accident before? Over 255,136 truck accidents took place in Texas last year. Large urban settings like Dallas fared the worst with 53% of the serious injury crashes and 70% of these truck wrecks overall.
Any type of motor vehicle accident has the ability to be utterly devastating. Collisions with large trucks, buses, tankers, vans, and other larger automobiles can cause particularly severe injury and damage or even death.
The magnitude of these accidents can result in additional challenges especially in the process of gaining your rightful determination and settlement. Trucking companies readily have legal and insurance resources at their fingertips that individuals simply do not.
Also, not to mention a wealth of experience protecting their interests in the aftermath of accidents. If in case you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident, contact an experienced Dallas truck accident lawyer at Thompson Law anytime 24/7 for a free no-obligation consultation at 844-308-8180.
What You Need To Know About Truck Crashes -Dallas Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucks are notoriously dangerous on the road. Their handling ability, cargo distribution, payload size, and weight alone make them exceedingly dangerous. Especially, when they are not being operated with the driver’s full attention and uncompromised ability.
Although what we know about the damage these vehicles can cause when things go wrong, modern expectations of truck drivers’ performance is extremely demanding.
Thereby forcing the owner-operators and employees to take risks and cut corners in order to meet tight timetables and travel as much mileage as they possibly can.
Additionally, individuals driving personal vehicle trucks sometimes make risky or negligent choices too, in the way that they load their trucks or in the items they decide to haul.
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
- Road time limits: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulates the Hours of Service that truck drivers may be on the road for. The mandated limits they require will surprise you, including a stipulation that property-carrying drivers are only required to take a break after their 14th consecutive hour of driving
- Mechanical: Before the requirement for anti-lock brakes started in 1997, they were the main cause of jackknifing accidents for tractor-trailer vehicles.
- Dangerous Road Conditions: Bad weather, icy roads, and low visibility are all complicating factors for every vehicle. But most of all with semis, which require much longer amounts of time to stop or change course.
- Compromised visibility: The truck size and load can result in blind spots for the driver. It can block full visibility of the surrounding cars.
- Driver Fatigue: Limited or off-cycle sleep opportunities mostly always after long hours. Additionally, grueling onload/offload tasks contribute to physically and mentally tired drivers
- Cargo issues: Carrying overweight, unbalanced, improperly loaded cargo can lead to leaks, spills, or even handling difficulties.
What To Do After A Collision With A Truck
If there are serious injuries at the scene, the first and foremost thing is to call 911 for emergency medical help. Emergency professionals such as EMS, police and firefighters will then direct the next steps to ensure the safety of people and property at the location.
Recording events of the accident is also very important. Providing your Dallas truck accident lawyers at Thompson Law with the best information possible as they represent you in your claim will go a long way in optimizing your settlement results.
Additionally, do not make a statement to any representatives from insurance companies or representatives of the others involved. Additionally, do not apologize to anyone involved in the crash, because even as a figure of speech this can be construed as an admission of guilt.
Simply leave the scene carefully as instructed by emergency professionals. Once you safely can, call the Dallas truck accident lawyers at Thompson Law at 844-308-8180 for assistance. The exceptional Dallas truck accident lawyer teams will discuss the specific circumstances of your accident with you, and they will communicate the next steps toward your rightful repair and recovery.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
The power and size of these vehicles result in impactful damage that occurs in roadway accidents. In the same vein, larger size vehicles can cause more damaging, catastrophic collisions, and involve multiple vehicles. Common injuries from truck wrecks may be:
- Cuts and Bruises
- Whiplash Injury
- Head Injuries and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Broken Bones
- Joint Trauma and Sprains
- Muscle, Ligament, and Tendon Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Internal Injuries and Internal Bleeding
- Amputations and Dismemberment
- Spinal Injuries and Paralysis
- Neck and Disk Injuries
Firstly, the most important thing you can do following a serious truck accident injury is take care of yourself. Additionally, reach out anytime 24/7 at 844-308-8180 and grant Dallas truck accident lawyers the opportunity to help you and your family after a truck wreck.
The Thompson Law Guarantee
If you have ever been hurt in a truck accident, the time to call Thompson Law’s Dallas truck accident lawyers is right now at 844-308-8180! Their dedicated team will guide you through the process of seeking treatment. They will also protect your interests in negotiations with the at-fault parties. Additionally, go to battle for the compensation you deserve. Your dedicated Dallas truck accident lawyers at Thompson Law are always fully prepared to take a case all the way to win the compensation you deserve.
Do not be stranded. Contact a good truck accident lawyer.