We are glad to inform the general public that the State Department Web site for the 2024 Diversity Visa Program (DV-2024) application is now open. The entry submission period for the USA DV-2024 registration form will only be available within a short period of time.
The US Diversity Immigrant Visa Program makes available up to 55,000 diversity visas (DVs) each year, drawn from random selection among all entries, to persons who meet strict eligibility requirements from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.
DV-2024 Program Online Registration Details
DV-2024 Program: The 2024 Diversity Visa Program online registration period begins on Wednesday, October 5, 2022, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4) and concludes on Tuesday, November 8, 2022, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5). Submission of more than one entry for a person will disqualify all entries for that person.
- Program Sponsor(s): U.S. Department of State
- Host Institution(s): Bureau of Consular Affairs, USA
- Program Type: Diversity Visa Program
- Nationality: All Nationalities
DV-2024 Registration Form Instructions
Diversity Visa 2024 Applicants: All DV-2024 diversity visa program applicants must be found eligible for, and obtain, their visa or adjust status by the end of the fiscal year 2023 (September 30, 2023).
The DV-2024 diversity visa program entry form is prepared in two parts, one for the primary Entrant and one for derivatives (if any). Each part must be completed correctly and completely before going to the next part. After all, parts are completed, the entry will be submitted to the DV-2024 Processing Center. Click here to begin the entry process
NOTE: Beware of fraud and scams. Some websites and emails attempt to mislead customers, posing as providers of official U.S. government information. Complete your own application. The online entry application is easy and free.
U.S. Department of State Electronic Diversity Visa Program 2024 Eligibility
Requirement #1: Natives of countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States may be eligible to enter.
If you are not a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United States, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Is your spouse a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United States? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth – provided that you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States at the same time.
- Are you a native of a country that does not have historically low rates of immigration to the United States, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2024 program.
Requirement #2: Each U.S. Department of State Electronic Diversity Visa Program applicant must meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program by having either:
- at least a high school education or it’s equivalent defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education;
- two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. The Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine qualifying work experience.
2023 Entrant Status Check
DV-2023 Entrants have until September 30, 2023, to check the status of their entry through this website. The DV-2023 registration period was from October 6, 2021, until November 9, 2021.
DV-2024 Entrant Status Check
DV-2024 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 6, 2023. The DV-2024 registration period opens on October 5, 2022, and closes on November 8, 2022. DV-2024 Entrants should keep their confirmation number until at least September 30, 2024.