Gmail IMAP Setting | How to Access Gmail with Outlook Using The IMAP
Gmail IMAP Setting is our focus today. You can set up your outlook in such a way that you can access your Gmail account with the help of IMAP. With this knowledge, you can import messages and manage your email in your Outlook account.
Therefore, sending and receiving message becomes easy. Because it happens within one account but with different addresses.
Yes, there is one more thing you need to do before you connect your Gmail too, Enable IMAP on your Gmail account. Additionally, you also need to set up two-step verification for your Gmail account and a password for the Gmail app. Thus, the password generated on the app will be used instead of the Gmail account password.
How to Set up Gmail in Outlook, 2019, 2016 And Microsoft 365
To add your Gmail account to Outlook is very simple and stress-free. You can do so with the steps below.
- From the top menu, click on the Home tab next to the “File” tab.
- Afterward, click On inbox from the left panel of the screen.
- Click on info afterward. and select “Add account”
- Then key in your Gmail email address and proceed to “Connect.
- Next, enter your Gmail account password into the password box and click on Connect again. Remember to use the app password you generated if you make use of two-step verification. Enter it into the password tab.
- When it is done, confirm if it was successful. Now that it is done, you will see your Gmail address under IIMAP. Afterward, click on “Done”.
How to set up Gmail in 2013 and 2010-Gmail IMAP Setting
Adding a Gmail account to Outlook 2013 and 2010 is also very easy. Thus, there is just a slight difference from the above steps. Here is how to do that easily.
- Move to File and click on Info.
- Click on Add account.
- Provide your display name. The name here is the name others are going to see on the messages you send.
- Enter your Email address afterward and account password. Jump to the next button.
How to Add Gmail to Outlook 2007
To set up Gmail account on your Outlook 2007 is easy as well. To do so, simply follow the steps below:
- First, click on “Tools” and head to “Account Settings” from the menu in Outlook.
- Then click on the “E-mail” tab, and then select “New”.
- Afterward, check the box beside “manually configures server settings or additional server types”, then select next.
- Also, confirm that Internet E-mail is selected; you should proceed to “Next”.
- Then type in your name and email address under the “User Information” tab.
- Now click on IMAP under the “Account Type” option.
- Please type in Gmail. comas the “Incoming mail server”.
- Type in Gmail. comas the “Outgoing mail server” (SMTP).
- Then enter your Gmail address and password under “Login Information”.
- Move to more Settings.
- Click on “Outgoing Server” and confirm that everything is intact. That is under “My outgoing server requires authentication.
- Under Incoming server, quickly click on the “Advanced” tab to choose SSL from the drop-down menu.
- Enter 993in the Incoming server (IMAP) box and 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) Click on ok.
- Click on Next
- Finally, select Finish.