GMX Mail Account | How to Add an Email Your GMX Mail Account
GMX Mail account is a free email service provider. It supports a lot of pop-up ads and some of these ads could be spam. Notwithstanding, we have a good solution to that right away. Email Alias is a great solution to it.
Therefore, read on through this article for more details on how you can add an email alias to your GMX Mail account.
On this, you can add up to 10 add-on addresses at different GMX domains. Additionally, GMX.com service is based on Qooxdoo. Qooxdoo is an open-source ajax web application framework.
As we now have an email alias, you don’t have to set up separate accounts for different purposes or activities. Interestingly, instead, you can set up alias addresses. As a result, emails sent to your alias address will appear on your GMX Mail inbox. This will therefore make it easier to fish out spam. However, this does not stop you from sending emails directly from your real Mail account.
Going forward, to add an email alias to your GMX Mail account is very simple and has a great advantage. The advantage is that it helps you keep off from spam emails easily. This means that, instead of your real account to be infected, your aliases will stand in the gap for you.
How To Set Up An Email Alias To Your GMX Mail Account
Below are steps on how to set up a new email address to use with your existing GMX Mail account:
- First, click on Settings in your GMX Mail account.
- Then move to the E-Mail
- Next, locate and click on the Create Alias Address
- Then tap on “Create New E-Mail Address” beneath Create Alias Address.
- Now, enter the part of your new email address; that is, in front of ‘@’ under “the desired username”.
- Then choose a GMX Mail domain under gmx.com.
- Afterward, Click
- If your desired username and domain is not available, check out again with a different combination.
It is either you try with another domain or edit your desired username. After that, continue below
- Next, click on “Create”.
You have successfully created a new address with an existing account, you should make the new address your default Mail. To do that is simple, just follow the steps below,
- First click on the desired address under “Create Alias Address”.
- Then move to “Set As Default” and click on it.
- This address selected becomes the default address. Thus, it will be used to send a new message and reply as well instead of your real Mail account.
- Finally, click OK.
To find out your default email address,
- Click on the email address that appears next to“From” when you compose a message in GMX Mail.
- You can now choose the desired address from the menu that appears.