Google Currents | How to sign up for Google Current
Google currents is the online platform or social platform design to replace the Google+ social network. However, Google+ was shut down but replaced by Google current. The absence of Google + was not much felt because of the replacement (Google currents).
Meaning of Google currents
The current is a new application by Google that allows people to make important, meaningful discussions and interact with families, friend’s wide world.
That is to say that Google’s current are majorly for enterprise users. It has new software to compare to Google+. After all, It serves as executive’s posts priority in the current stream so that
can notice it.
Through this, leaders and employees can have meaningful discussions they can exchange ideas across the organization. It creates a platform for valuable input and feedback from other people without overcrowding inboxes.
Google+ Switch and Google currents
Thus, G current is still in a better condition and Google says that companies that use G Suit should request access to the program immediately.
All Google+ post will move automatically to the currents. All the personal Google+ are gone totally in the content.
The current admin should create custom streams to promote a specific group of persons or even the entire company.
Metrics, vis should be of use to measure users’ engagement around the globe. It can also be of use in determining the posts that resonate with most employees or the entire organization.
The recycling of Currents
On 8th December 2011. Google released the currents recycling discontinued Google app or magazine app. It serves to replace the Google Play newsstand, which is known as the present modern Google news.
What is left for Google+
However, it’s true that Google + officially dead The general public version of the Google+ is dead but the enterprise users version is given a new name which is known as Currents.
The reason why Google+ is assumed dead
The reason behind the death of Google+ is because it failed social networks that were trying to take other social networks such as Twitter and Facebook.
I personally, feel so bad when I heard that Google+ will be leaving the scene reason why I was sad is that I‘ve a lot of active followers, commitment, rankings on the social media app, engagements, only to receive the shocking news that Google+ app is dead.
Benefits and usefulness of currents
- Leaders have the greatest opportunity to relate to their employees directly.
- The admin that creates the custom streams, moderate content, define leaders, manage taps can track the usage engagements through the metrics.
- Currents are the second big enterprise communication tool that Google has.
- It features a streamlined experience for composing content. Here, users can easily tag their posts and attach relevant attachments or images
- It gives the individual user the opportunity to track analytics for their posts.
- As some as your post comes in, it provides comment s, feedback, and questions in the sanction.
- It gives the employees/users the chance to share knowledge and provided a place for close discussions.
- The admin has the right to delegate the content management task to another content admin.
- The tags make it easy for people to discover the content of interest.
How to sign up for Google currents
Simple step to sign up
This is the easiest way for you to sign up for your Google currents.
Just send your email to currents Beta@googlee.com. This service is available to all G Suit editions and its compatible with Android devices and iOS.