Hispanic Scholarship Fund | How to Apply and get Hispanic Scholarship
The Hispanic scholarship fund will be of great help to you as a student. If you’re looking for a scholarship to reduce the cost of your education, don’t let this pass you by. I’ve good news for you, Hispanic is the sure way to that.
Hispanic offers free scholarships to individuals. In case you want to know more about it, then, you’ll have to keep reading.
In this article, I’ll be sharing with you some of the information’s that’ll help you to secure this scholarship for yourself, friends, siblings, or a family member. Now, let’s look at what the Hispanic scholarship fund is.
What is a Hispanic scholarship fund?
It’s a nonprofit organization that has the aim of empowering Hispanic and Latino students with knowledge and resources that’ll help them excel in higher education. Every year, Hispanic scholarship fund select like 10,000 students to partake in the scholarship program. However, anyone that’s selected to be part of this beautiful scholarship program will have access to some amazing benefits.
For example, all selected participant will have opportunities like an internship, job opportunity with HSF corporate partners. Also they’ll have access to mentorship opportunities, leadership development programs and conference, wellness program and exclusive scholarships.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund Opportunities
I want you to understand that Hispanic don’t only offer scholarship to students, it also provides opportunities for all participants. I’ll be listing some of the opportunities for you to see and note them as well. The HSF offers HSF scholars more than $30 million on merit-based scholarships.
It ranges from $ 500-$5,000 per student. However, this fee can use for the student’s tuition, fees, books, and other academics needs. Also, it can cover the student’s transportation fee.
All of these are what each lucky student that’s selected for this scholarship program will gain. How can you take part in this scholarship program? Well, let’s look at that in the next line.
Eligibility and Requirement
Before you apply, the first thing you should do is to check their eligibility and requirement. This will help you to know if you’re eligible to qualify or not. If you didn’t check this, you might apply and not be accepted. Some of the eligibility and requirement processes can be seen below.
- You must be of Hispanic heritage.
- Must be a US citizen or a permanent legal resident or DACA.
- You should plan to enroll full-time, in an accredited, public, four-year university program in the US for the upcoming academic year.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for high school.
- Have a minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.o scale for college and graduate students.
- Finally, submit the FAFSA or a state-based financial aid form “if applicable”.
The above listed information’s are the few things you should note before applying for this scholarship program.
How to Apply
To apply for Hispanic scholarship fund will require you to put together some documents that’ll be required in your online registration. Below are some of the documents that’ll be required for your online registration.
- You’ll have to bring your most recent high school or college transcript. However, you can request this online or you can request it from your high school guidance counselor or your registrar.
- Also, you’ll have to bring a completed FAFSA.
- You’ll have to bring a copy of your Student Aid report.
- Your picture. Mainly a headshot or a student photo.
- Provide your enrollment verification from your college or a university.
- Write a personal essay.
- Provide at least one academic recommendation letter.
- Finally, provide an employment Authorization Document. However, this is applicable to DACA recipients.
When will the application form be out?
I believe some of you’ll be wondering when the Hispanic scholarship fund application letter will be out. Well, it’s alright to know when the application form will be out so that you can get ready to apply for it. You can see the scholarship timeline below.
- January: the application form of this scholarship program is usually out every January of every year.
- February: every February the application form must have been offered. This means that the 2021 application form is over. Then, simply prepare to apply for it next year.
- March-April: during this period, the finalist for HSF will be announced and they’ll be asked to submit recommendations, transcript, SAR, and their personal essay.
- May- June: during this period the qualified candidates will get a notification and they’ll be on how to get their funds.
- June – September: all applicants must submit their financial aid award letter.
- October-November: applicants will have to submit their enrollment verification form.
- October – December: this is the final stage of the scholarship program; the selected candidates will be awarded a scholarship.
The Hispanic scholarship fund always receives thousands of applications from students every year. However, not all of the applicants will be selected as HSF scholars.
So what you have to do to get this is that, you’ll start early to process your application. Secondly, you must submit your FAFSA early, thirdly, have a good academic record, and write a remarkable personal essay. Also you’ll have to seek out leadership opportunities, and make sure you have a stellar recommendation letter.