Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is pleased to announce the commencement of a scholarship offering to foreign students who are studying or planning to study in Japan as a graduate school for doctoral or master’s degrees.
Applications for the Honjo Scholarship can be submitted from abroad if an applicant is accepted to a Japanese graduate school. Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the Japanese university.
Honjo Foundation Scholarship for International Students Brief Description
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution(s): Japanese Universities
- Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Nationality: International Students
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 for Foreign Students | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Honjo Scholarship for Foreign Students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be identified as foreign students seeking to study in Japan.
- Applicants must have obtained a relevant bachelor’s degrees from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
Period and Amount of Scholarship
The scholarship will be provided every month throughout the minimum period required to acquire the degree. The amount of scholarship depends on the differences based on the period as below:
- ¥200,000 per month for 1 ~ 2 years degree
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years degree
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 ~ 5 years degree
How to Apply
- Confirm that you are eligible to apply.
- Enter the “online application system”. Fill out the application form and upload the required documents.
- Once the documents are submitted, the application number will be issued, and PDF of your application form will be created. Please save the PDF file as you will need it when the result is announced on our website.
The application period is from September 1, 2022, ～ to October 31, 2022