Are you dreaming of a life in the United States? You can make your dreams come true by entering the Green Card Lottery. So we are going to show you how to apply for a U.S Green Card 2023 which is now open you have to read through this page carefully.
Keep reading to learn:
- What countries are eligible?
- How do you successfully apply?
- What is the deadline for this year’s lottery?
The USA Green Card Lottery is now open!
Enter to win a visa to live in the U.S. in 2022.
What Is the USA Green Card Application 2022-2023?
Each year, thousands of people apply to the U.S. Diversity Visa Program, which is also known as the “DV Lottery” and the “Green Card Lottery.” This system allows immigrants from underrepresented countries to win a chance at becoming residents of the United States.
The lottery begins a full calendar year in advance of an immigrant’s expected entry date. For example, the lottery taking place right now will be selecting winners for 2021.
How Do You Apply for a U.S Green Card Lottery?
It’s free to enter the Green Card Lottery. Applicants must qualify for the program itself and legal entry to the U.S. Those who are eligible to enter the lottery are known as “diversity immigrants.” You can learn more about the eligibility requirements below.
RELATED: American Visa Lottery Sponsorship Program – USA Green Card Award 2021/2022 Out to Apply
Physical forms are no longer allowed. To enter, you must submit your documents and photos online. Submit your application through the U.S. Department of State website.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements for the US Green Card Lottery?
To enter the Green Card Lottery, you must be a resident of a country that is currently underrepresented in the United States.
Find the list of eligible countries here (on pages 16-18). Countries with strong representation in the United States, and are therefore not eligible to apply this year, include Canada, China, Haiti, India, Mexico, Nigeria, the Philippines, South Korea, and the U.K.
You must also have qualifying education and work experience. For example, winners must possess at least a high school diploma (or its equivalent). For research purposes, you can look up your educational equivalencies with this iGPA Calculator and the free Degree Equivalency Tool.
Otherwise, applicants may demonstrate two years of work experience in a field that takes at least two years of training or experience to enter. Find a complete list of instructions here.
How Many People Can Win a U.S Green Card for 2022/2023?
The number of potential winners varies year to year, depending on the need. From this year’s entries, there will be 55,000 winners selected. You could be among them!
Once qualifying entries have been screened, the winners are selected at random by computer. Applicants can learn about their status by using the DV Entrant Status Check anytime from May 5, 2022, to September 30, 2022.
How to Apply for a U.S Green Card 2022-2023
The steps you must take to apply for a Green Card will vary depending on your individual situation. However, here is the general application process that most applicants will go through:
- Someone usually must file an immigrant petition for you (often referred to as sponsoring or petitioning for you). In some cases, you may be eligible to file for yourself.
- After USCIS approves the immigrant petition, and there is a visa available in your category, you file either a
- Green Card application with USCIS or a visa application with the U.S. Department of State.
- You go to a biometrics appointment to provide fingerprints, photos, and a signature.
- You go to an interview.
- You receive a decision on your application.
How to Track Delivery of Your Green Card, Employment Authorization Document (EAD), and Travel Document
- Sign up for a Case Status Online account to get automatic case updates, including your U.S. Postal Service (USPS) tracking number when we mail your card or travel document.
- Register for Informed Delivery through USPS to get daily images of mail being sent to you. With Informed
- Delivery, you can:
- Automatically track the packages you’re expecting
- Set up email and text alerts
- Enter USPS Delivery Instructions™ for your mail carrier
U.S Green Card Eligibility Categories
To apply for a Green Card, you must be eligible under one of the categories listed below. Once you find the category that may fit your situation, click on the link provided to get information on eligibility requirements, how to apply, and whether your family members can also apply with you.
- Green Card through Family
- Green Card through Employment
- Green Card as a Special Immigrant
- Green Card through Refugee or Asylee Status
- Green Card for Human Trafficking and Crime Victims
- Green Card for Victims of Abuse
- Green Card through Other Categories
- Green Card through Registry
What Is the Deadline for Entering the USA Green Card Lottery for 2022?
The deadline to enter the Green Card Lottery is 12 p.m. (EST) on November 5, 2012.
Don’t miss out! Click here to apply for the U.S. Diversity Visa Program (also known as the DV Lottery or Green Card Lottery).