How to Change language on Facebook | Facebook Language Settings
To change your Facebook language is easy. In this article, this will be our focus, That’s How to Change language on Facebook
- Go to language settings > Facebook language > Edit > Show Facebook in this language >choose language > Save Changes.
- To undo, go to Language and Region > Facebook language > Edit > Show Facebook in this language > select language > Save Changes.
This article will explain how to change and undo changes to the language on Facebook. The instructions apply to any web browser, Android, and iOS apps.
Picking a Different Language to Use on Facebook
It’s very easy to change the language in which Facebook displays text. Simply go to your account settings.
- Click the arrow (Account) on the right side of the Facebook menu bar.
- Then select Settings & Privacy.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Language and Region in the left menu pane.
- In the Facebook language section, select Edit.
- Select the Show Facebook in this language drop-down menu, and choose a different language.
- Select Save Changes to apply the new language to Facebook.
Change Facebook Language On Android
If you’re among those that use Facebook on an Android device, whether through a web browser or the official app, you can change the language from the menu button.
Note that these instructions do not apply to Facebook Lite.
- Click the menu button.
- Scroll down to Settings & Privacy, and tap it to expand the menu.
- Select Language.
- Select your new language from the list.
Steps to changing Facebook Language on an iPhone
Originally, the Facebook app automatically uses whichever language your iPhone uses. You can also change this setting, but you do so outside of the app. Open your Settings, and then scroll down to Facebook. Select Language, and then choose the language you want.
How to Undo a Change
Did you mistakenly change Facebook to a language you don’t understand? You can translate Facebook back into your preferred language, even if you don’t understand any of the menus or settings.
The first option is to run Facebook through a translator service so that the entire site translates to English on the fly, with the intention of making things easier to read. However, that doesn’t always work well, additionally it’s not permanent.
Whatever the language it’s in, Facebook has the same format, so you can navigate if you know where the right buttons and menus are. Below is an example where Facebook is in Brazilian Portuguese.
- First, go to the language settings.
- In the Facebook language section, select Edit (it will be in the current language that you set).
- Select the Show Facebook in this language drop-down menu and find your language. Then, select Save Changes to save the change.
Go ahead and choose the language you understand best.