How to delete Fitbit Account: Cancel fit bit Account permanently
Are you tired of your Fitbit Account and do you wish to delete it? Don’t just bother yourself because I shall be guiding you to delete your Fitbit account. How to delete Fitbit account is a question that many have asked over time, but Am here to provide you with details on how you can delete your Fitbit account.
Most people after using a particular account for some time, get bored or find another better replacement. Hence, for this, they ask how to delete the other accounts. Today, I’ll provide you with solutions on how to delete your Fitbit account. Also, I’ll be showing you how to delete a deceased loved one’s Fitbit Account
How to delete Fitbit Account- Personal account
Wow, deleting your Fitbit Account is quite easy. However, there’re things you have to consider before deleting your account. One is that do you have a Fitbit Coach Account? If you do, deleting your Fitbit account will also delete your Fitbit Coach Account. If this is your wish, just follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Fitbit account with your password. Ensure that you remember your login details if not, you may have to retrieve your password from the Password Manager. When you have logged in to your Fitbit account, follow the steps to delete it.
- Click on the today tab and tap your profile picture. So, the “Today’’ tab looks like a series of dots in the shape of a diamond.
- After this, click on the Manage data and you’ll scroll down to find this option under your profile photo.
- Choose the ‘’Delete Account’’ and then follow the on-screen instructions. Here you have to follow the deleting the app instructions from your phone. However, if you prefer, you can delete your account from the Fitbit website following the steps below:
- Log in to your Fitbit account
- Click on the gear icon
- Scroll to the settings
- Select ‘Delete Account’’ and follow the on-screen instructions
How you can delete a Deceased Loved One’s Fitbit Account
Unfortunately, there are no particular instructions on how you can delete your deceased loved one’s Fitbit Account. All we can do for you is to provide you with lots of options. From there, you can present your problem to a customer service representative.
Irrespective of this option that is easiest to use. You’ll need to have the email address that your loved one used to create the particular account.
Now that there’s no financial involvement in this, you just need a copy of your loved one’s Death Certificate. This document is what you need to present to close bank accounts and show mortgage companies. However, Fitbit doesn’t need to obtain a copy.
Below is the customer service contact option for FitBit:
- Online chat- This involves you either login to your Fitbit account or gets Access via Facebook or Google
- Call (877) 623-4997. Their customer service representative will answer your call from 4 a.m. to 9 p.m. PT.
- Also, send a direct message to @Fitbitsupport through Twitter.
Some Frequently Asked Questions on Deleting Fitbit Account
How Do you Reset Your Fitbit Account Data?
Now, resetting your Fitbit device is undoubtedly another option. It’s advisable if you can plan to give or sell it to another person or even return it to the store. It’s best for people that inherited a Fitbit from a recently passed Family Member.
So, you reset your Fitbit account, you need to understand what type of device you own. After deciding this, visit their website and follow the specific instructions. Also, some devices require that you make some simple selections under the ‘’Settings’’ Tab.
Can one temporarily delete their Fitbit Account?
One can mistakenly delete his/her Fitbit account. When this happens, don’t bother, you can actually retrieve your account. Users have seven days to recover their data from Fitbit after request to delete your account. If you wish to retrieve your data, just log in to your account and select to restore access to the data.
But if you don’t, after seven days, your account will be frozen. When this happens, you won’t be able to recover the data.
For those deleting for the sake of privacy concerns, Fitbit says that it may take up to 90 days to delete all of your personal information from their backup systems.