How to delete Nintendo switch account: Delete Nintendo Switch
This Family Console allows about 8 people to create user accounts on the same console. If you’re a family and you need a console for the family, Nintendo switch is the game for you. As a group thing, it’s possible that one person may not have an interest in the game and may need to be removed. When this occasion arises, there’s a need to cancel the Nintendo account.
So, in this article, I’ll be showing you how to delete Nintendo switch account.
Rea Also, Ring account payment
The Nintendo Switch and User Accounts
Since the Nintendo Switch supports up to 8 user accounts per console, it allows multiple members of the family to use it without having to share the same profile.
At the same time, one user account may be connected to more than one switch, but the same account can’t run the same game on more than one console at the same time.
How to delete Nintendo Switch account
You can access this option to delete the Nintendo switch account if you have the Primary account on the console. Any time there’s a need to cancel any Nintendo account in the console it’s the user with the Primary account will do this. So, if you’re the one, do the following:
- Go to the Nintendo Switch option to the ‘’System settings’’
- Go down to the ‘’user’’ option and choose the user account you want to delete
- Then scroll down to the ‘’Delete User’’ option and confirm
- In case the security settings are active, the switch can ask for the security PIN number. Thereafter, enter the PIN and confirm.
- Scroll and Mark the ‘’Delete’’ page and choose the ‘’Next’’ option
Read Also, How to delete Verdantu account
Then you’re ready.
How you can unlink a Nintendo Account
In a case where the user is may be linked to a Nintendo account, if the case is the type that the account can’t be deleted immediately you have to unlink the account first. Though the process is similar. Use the steps that follow:
- Locate the option ‘’System Settings’’
- Scroll to the “user’’ option and choose the user account you wish to delete.
- Then navigate to the Option ‘’Unlink Nintendo account’’ and then confirm.
- In case the security settings are active, the switch will request the security PIN number and once you enter it, you need to confirm it as well.
- Thereafter, choose the ‘’continue’’ option and then the ‘’unlink’.
- Once after this action, the Nintendo account gets unlinked from the User account
As far as the Nintendo switch user account isn’t linked to a Nintendo account, you can proceed with the process of deleting the profile as usual.
What to note is that it’s not possible to cancel a Nintendo account if you’re the only user on the console.
What happens when you unlink your Nintendo Account?
You must know vividly that unlinking your Nintendo account from the Nintendo Switch console won’t delete the Nintendo account. It’ll still be available and can be re-linked to another user account in the future.
Does deleting or removing a user on Switch delete Games?
The answer is No. It’s because the digital games for the deleted accounts will remain. Though, it won’t be playable again. But the physical games will be playable. However, unless you have the DLC, in this case, it’ll ask you to delete the ‘’Unusable’’.
Is it possible to reactivate a deleted account on Nintendo Switch?
Users will always reactivate their accounts only for a period of 30 days after deletion. But after this 30 days interval, the account becomes permanently deleted. At this point, there’s no restoration. For children’s accounts, it can only be reactivated via the parents/guardian’s account.
Does Nintendo Ban accounts?
Most people suffer temporary suspension of their accounts for some minor offenses. Case of account bans can happen as a result of severe violations like the download of pirated software, stealing of customer’s details, and hack of your console or games.
What will happen if Nintendo bans your switch?
If this happens, the user will lose all access to all online gaming as well as the eShop.However, the user can use the switch for normal gaming on the console, though it can’t download games, update the switch, and can’t do online gaming.