How to Delete Pokemon Go account: Close Pokemon Go account
Do you want to know how to delete Pokemon Go account? When you’re tired of using it. Depending on how you determined yourself, but there are two ways of doing that: you can just uninstall the app from your phone or rid get of your account once and for all.
Always remember that removing the app doesn’t delete your profile. Moreover, you can still come back to the account at any time, which is good if you take a short break. Also if you don’t like to be playing the game again, simply follow these steps to delete your Pokemon Go account.
Also read: How to delete Hinge Account
Pokemon Go: The price of fun
For a year now, Pokemon Go hit the mobile world by the storm and became a price success. Which bring millions of people out of there and came out to hunt for Pokemon Go.
Unfortunately, soon after the pokemon craze had reached its peak, privacy-concerned users started finding issues with the popular app.
The stories that go through the media channel ranged from funny to tragic: pokemon also capture in churches, hospitals, even in the court, and frontline.
The report of traffic, robberies, and injuries are involving in distracting players that were popping up as users were wandering the world trying to catch them all.
So many people staring using their smartphones, with no surprise a few criminals also joined the game. As eager pokemon trainers were escalating for the app to be made available in their country. Therefore, several look-alike apps and apps promising to fake one’s GPS location to access the game appeared.
They were also doing major scams looking to lure eager fans and targeting their private info. The doubt reality of the app was also strongly criticized for player information to which it requests access.
Unfortunately, it became a reality that all the gamers who have been using their Google detail to sign in grant full access. Haven’t you know the game full access granted to the Google account without stress?
Even though Niantic has officially stated that “requesting full access was a bug,” the sparked more privacy concerns, making users finally read those privacy policies they were skipping.
While you’re tracking Pokemon, the app is tracking you
Ever since the Pokemon Go location-based game, it’s not surprising that the app collects information about your exact whereabouts.
Besides, this can give access when you are playing and it will access your camera. There’s much of the personal information that the app collects from you.
- Your account details: your name and surname date of birth, your Google and/or Facebook email address. This was made such away if you want to open an account for your child, you will have more additional information, such as your address as well as the first and last digits of your social security number.
- Usage information: pokemon Go will monitor all your in-game actions, including the message you have sent to other players. Also, Pokemon Go takes the following information: your IP(Internet Protocol) address, browser type, the operating system of your device and it can even see what website was visiting before accessing the app.
- Your device information: Pokemon Go uses different identifiers to catch information about what device you are using and what other applications you have on the device.
Once you hand over access to your phone, the company will be sharing all the data they collected from you with third parties. And yes, all have stated their policies and conditions.
Delete your pokemon Go account in 5 easy steps
If you have challenges about their privacy or no longer feel like chasing after those little beasts, here’s how to ditch Pokemon Go. Chances are for you, you may have deleted the app a long time ago. But you easily erase all the information associated with your account; you can do more than that.
Closing the account is quite easy, but pokemon Go doesn’t let you do it from the app. Instead, you go to Niantic’s website and fill out an account deletion request form. Before you take the action of deleting your pokemon Go there are steps for you below.
- Even if you fill the form and submit it, your account isn’t gone yet. According to Niantic, it takes several weeks for the request to be done.
- After your request might be approved, your Pokemon Go account and all associated game information will be deleted permanently.
- Once it’s done, it’s done. You won’t be able to cancel or reverse your request.
- If you ever want to play Pokemon Go again, you won’t be allowed to use the same email or nickname you once deleted from your profile.
Ready to set go: let’s get rid of your pokemon account
These very steps help you to leave the pokemon world permanently:
- Access the deletion form on the official pokemon Go support website.
- Fill up the deletion form. You be asked to enter your email and the nickname of the account you want to delete. Check all three boxes, indicating you really understand what you want to do. If you deleting your child’s account, don’t forget to check the first box.
- Verify that you are not a robot or pokemon and click submit if you are ready to quit the game. After submitting the form, you won’t receive a message stating your request was successful. Instead, you will find yourself at the pokemon Go support page. Don’t be mistaken-it’s not over yet and there’re two steps left.
- Check your email and open the message from Pokemon Go. The message states this is the final step and there’s still a chance for you to change your decision.
- Complete the deletion process account, reply to the email with the code sent to you. Your request will be taken into consideration, and you can expect your account and all the associated data gone within a few weeks Congrats request is completely done.