On this page, we are going to walk you through the simple ways how to get free sponsorship visa to Canada is if you have Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident who is either your relative, spouse, conjugal partner, or child who is above 18 years residing in Canada.
And if you don’t have anyone in Canada, don’t beat yourself up because there is another way you can get a visa sponsorship to Canada free and we will explain that at some point in this article.
Canada Visa Sponsorship Program
Canada is one of the best and most beautiful countries in the world, it is regarded by many as a safe haven for those seeking a new start and greener pastures. It is also one of the most peaceful countries in the world today. Each year, Canada creates over 100,000 job vacant positions for immigrants and citizens, and if you find a job is your deal, you can always move to Canada to get one.
Thousands of immigrants move to Canada every year through different immigration programs including sponsorship from close relatives, family members, partners, and even employers. It is not very easy getting a sponsor in Canada as there are few persons who are eligible to sponsor you to Canada.
Canada understands the importance of family, that is why family sponsorship has come into existence. With this program, Canadian citizens and permanent residents who have families residing outside Canada are permitted to bring their relatives and family members to Canada
Who is Eligible to Be A Canada Visa Sponsor?
Only a handful of persons in Canada are permitted to sponsor you to Canada they include
- Your close relatives of family members who are Canadian citizens and permanent residents residing in Canada,
- A conjugal partner or your spouse who is a permanent resident or citizen, and by extension an Employer in Canada who wishes to hire an international skilled worker who is in the express entry pool. The employer however must ensure first that no Canadian citizen or permanent resident can fill up the vacant position.
What are the Requirements to Become A Sponsor?
To become a sponsor in Canada
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Canada.
- Have enough funds to sponsor your relative or partner. Proof of financial resources is usually required so do well to provide one.
- Be at least 18 years and above
- If you were previously sponsored to Canada, you are not allowed to be a sponsor.
- If you have previously sponsored a family member and failed to meet to requirements to be a sponsor.
- You must put in the paper an agreement to financially support your relative, partner, who you wish to bring to Canada. The agreement stretches for as long as 20 years, depending on your relationship with who you are sponsoring.
- Show proof that they have not been in any way subject to the community or social assistance except if they are disabled.
- If you have been convicted for a serious crime in Canada before or currently, you are not eligible to be a sponsor.
- You cannot sponsor more than one person to Canada. So if you have sponsored a relative before or a family member, you will not be eligible again.
- If you have received an immigration loan and you never paid it back, or you made a late payment, you may not be allowed to sponsor again.
How To Get Free Sponsorship Visa to Canada
Here are the simple ways to Get A Sponsor in Canada
Family Sponsorship Canada
Canada allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to bring their loved ones to Canada for a family reunion through the family sponsorship program. Eligible sponsors are able to sponsor;
- Spouse, common-law, or conjugal partner
- Dependent child
Steps to Sponsor Your Loved Ones to Canada
- After you meet all the requirements and show all the documents required, your next move is to apply to sponsor your loved one to Canada.
- Visit Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website or Office and request a sponsorship form.
- Fill up the form adequately, and provide correct information.
- Pay all necessary application charges including processing fees, right of permanent residence fee, and biometrics fee. You can pay either on the IRCC website or their office.
- Done? Mail the filled form back to IRCC and await a response.
Application Charges or Fees You Should Pay
- Family Member: Application Charges
- Dependent Child: Sponsorship Fee $80Processing Fee $80
- Spouse, Parents, GrandParents, and Relatives above the 22 years: Sponsorship Fee $80Processing Fee $480Right of Permanent Residence $495
- Relatives under the age of 22 years: Sponsorship Fee $80Processing Fee $80Right of Permanent Residence $495
Employment Sponsorship Canada
This is another great way to get sponsorship to Canada if you have no relatives in Canada. And I am going to show you the best ways to go about it. Canadian employers and companies are allowed to hire international workers when they are short of workers, and if there are no Canadian citizens or permanent residents who can fill that position.
The hard task here is finding a Canadian employer willing to hire you because the certificate from your country may not have value in Canada or at least to the employer. Read on to know how to get an employer to sponsor you.
How Do I Find An Employer To Sponsor Me to Canada?
You may not have known, but there are many Canadian employers out there even in your country who are currently recruiting foreign workers. You just have to look in the right place. Find a Canadian embassy in your home country, visit them and enquire if there are current businesses recruiting foreign workers, or if there are job fairs currently being held by businesses based in Canada for your region.
Some universities in your home country may also hold career fairs every now and then which may include Canadian companies. So, try to enquire if any fall in your degree program.
There are also companies and specific programs in Canada through which Canadian employers can hire newcomers or foreign workers in Canada. So, to connect with your potential Canadian employer who will most likely sponsor you, you should apply for these programs.
Programs that Connect You With Potential Employers
- Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants Program
- Federal Internship for Newcomers Program
- Canadian Immigrant Fair
Companies that Connect You With Potential Employers
- Hire Immigrants
- Immigrant Employment Council of BC
- MOSAIC Employment Services: Career & Job Fair
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers
We hope the guidelines on how to get free sponsorship visa to Canada from Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident who is either your relative, spouse, conjugal partner, or child who is above 18 years residing in Canada was helpful?.