Best Template on how to write a mail to delete an online account
I’ll be showing you an easy ‘’template on how to write a mail to delete an online account’’. I want you to avoid distractions, sit back and get to the end of this article because it contains all that you need about this topic.
However, it’s important that I let you know that, as you consider deleting an account, you’ll also lose matches, messages, and all information connected to the account permanently. So, I felt you should know this before reading the template guide on how to write a mail to delete an online account.
Interestingly, here are the major 5 ways that an online account can be either deleted, canceled on removed. So, let’s go below for the highlights:
- The first on the guide or template is by calling the customer service/support on a mobile phone number to delete your account. I want to let you know that most online services have good and prompt customer care services that can attend to your needs almost immediately if there’s no
- By chatting with the customer services/support to delete your online account. Wow, I have used this severally on other accounts. Chatting with customer services has been fun for me because they are quite friendly and understanding.
- By deleting your account via the official website of the company. This is very easy to do
- Sending a well-composed email to the company requesting them to delete your online account. If possible state a few reasons why you want it to be deleted.
- If you stop using the account for a very long period. Where there’s no use of the account over a long time, the account may be permanently deleted. However, this step is very true for some special account types.
Here in this article, our major concern now is focusing on composing and sending emails to the company asking them to delete your online account.
The Template or Sample how you’ll write an email about deleting your online account
Before we proceed, this is a sample mail you can send to any online site like email or app company to delete your account right from their database.
As we continue, Your format is:
Subject: Request to delete My Account from Your Database
Dear (Company Name) Team,
I have an account in your database bearing the name…….. and the email address connected to it is……..
However, for some reason, I have decided not to use the account again. I, therefore, request that you kindly delete the account from your database and as well as wipe all the notifications if available.
NB: The Name, email as well as phone number in your mail must be connected to the particular account you wish to delete. It’ll go a long way to prove your ownership of the account you want to delete.
Here Is another Email Deleting Sample to Try Also
In these steps on a Template on how to write a mail to delete an online account, it’s good you consider the below template to remove your personal information from the internet.
It’ll go like this:
To Whom it may concern: I would love to hereby formally request the removal of all my personal and private details/ information from your company database as soon as possible. This is because I have recently noticed that there’s an increase in the number of junk mails and telephone calls from companies that I have never been in touch with in the past. And to be sincere, this is quite disruptive and intrusive as well.
In addition, in order to avoid this from continuing, I would prefer that all my details be removed totally from your database perhaps (name of the company) has passed my information to the third party marketing company recently. I would love you to confirm to me by writing that it has been done. Thanks In advance, kind regards (your name).
Also, if your mobile number isn’t linked to the account, you don’t have to add any phone number.
The Account deletion Process
The description below is a schematic process for account deletion:
- Request: Any user who wishes to delete their account or data may have to submit an account deletion request.
- Validation: The company support team member may have to cross-check your detailed information with the internal database. So, if the data matches, they’ll initiate the deletion process and inform you that the deletion has started.
- Deletion: At this point, every record of your account will now be deleted.
- The Final Notification: Once the deletion is complete, they’ll notify you that your account has been deleted successfully.
Reasons to delete your old online accounts to reduce Security Risk
Do you still have an old online account? In case you do, you’ll likely have your details stolen from the data breach. However, while half of the US was impacted by the Equifax breach, many online users may also, lose their names, emails, phone numbers, and SSNs in smaller. Also, lesser-reported data breaches over the years. Well for many people, the data loss is also tied to the older or abandoned online accounts. Some of the accounts are forgotten or owners dead.
So, the major concern with the old accounts is credential stuffing. It’s a type of cyber attack in which stolen account details mainly consisting of usernames, email addresses, and corresponding passwords (often come from a data breach).
They use this to gain unauthorized access to user accounts via a large-scale automated login request directed against a web application. Therefore, this occurs each time hackers use leaked data breaches to attempt to log in to other websites. It’s a process that’s fairly automated. And the hackers will use usernames and password combinations across a number.
Though, for most online portals, there’s usually a sign-in/login link that is specially made for you to use and sign in or login into your account.
However, if any time you encounter any issues on how to login to your online account, or if something isn’t working properly, you’ll have to try as much as you can to check the tips below:
- Check well if your username or email is correctly written.
- Find out if your passwords are correctly entered
- Check for your IP address, if it’s restricted (it’s true for some special account types).
How to recover or reset your account if you forgot your login details
Well, you may have forgotten your password or a third party had access to your account details, and then, it has changed.
To recover your details, just use the Button ‘’Forgot Password’’ on the down page to reset your password.
After this, you’ll receive a message to your e-mail address with the account details.
However, if you don’t have an account, you can create a new one by clicking on the ‘’sign up’’ button to create a new account.
If this article is useful, you can share your opinion on how to write a mail to delete an online account