Social responsibility and inclusion lie at the heart of the University of Manchester and they are committed to playing their part in supporting those fleeing conflict and persecution by offering the University of Manchester Humanitarian scholarships for international students.
The University has set up a new Humanitarian Scholarship programme for international students, which is available for any undergraduate and postgraduate-taught programmes, excluding medicine, dentistry, nursing, and architecture.
The University of Manchester Humanitarian scholarships International Students Overview
- The number of awards:10 undergraduate and 10 postgraduate-taught scholarships each year.
- Award amount: The awards cover full tuition fees, living expenses, and visas.
Humanitarian Scholarships Programme Eligibility criteria
The Humanitarian Scholarship at the University of Manchester is intended to support individuals at risk, especially those fleeing armed conflict. The awards are intended for those who could not afford to study in Manchester without a scholarship.
To apply for a Humanitarian scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be displaced inside your own country or have had to leave your home country because of armed conflict.
- Be at serious risk of, or been the victim of, discrimination, persecution, suffering, or violence on account of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group, or political opinion.
- Be studying for a higher education qualification (at any level) in the UK for the first time.
- Be a new international student at The University of Manchester in the academic year 2022/23.
The University will accept applications from individuals who have sought refuge in the UK as well as those who are currently living outside the UK. If you are already in the UK, then your application will be considered regardless of your immigration status.
How to Apply for Humanitarian Scholarships International Students at the University of Manchester
To apply for the Manchester Humanitarian scholarships International Students, you must have already applied for your course of study, but you do not necessarily need to have received an offer to study. However, you must have received an academic offer (conditional or unconditional) by 25 July 2022.
For undergraduate courses, you must apply through UCAS. You can find more information on our application process page. The final deadline for international students’ applications to UCAS is 30 June. For master’s level courses, there is no deadline and you should apply online.
At the same time as applying for academic admission, you should make a separate application for the scholarship. the University of Manchester Humanitarian scholarships international students applications are now open for entry in September 2022.
Timeline for applications for 2022/23 University of Manchester Humanitarian Scholarships for International Students
|Deadline for applications||5:00 pm (BST) Thursday, 30 June 2022|
|The selection panel assesses applications||1 – 15 July|
|Interviews for shortlisted candidates||w/c 18 July|
|Final decisions||w/c 25 July|
|Students arrive in Manchester||September 2022|
The deadline for receipt of scholarship applications for entry in September 2022 is 5:00 pm (BST) on Thursday, 30 June 2022.
Humanitarian Scholarships Assessment criteria
When reviewing scholarship applications, the University selection panel will consider:
- The level of risk you are experiencing and how this is impacting your ability to pursue higher education.
- Academic merit and potential.
- Demonstrated interest in the field of study.
- Your financial circumstances and if you have received funding from any other source to support your studies.