Follow these instructions to apply for the Italian Government Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023 as the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) for the academic year 2022-23.
The aim of the Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students is to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific, and technological fields, promote the Italian language and culture, and support Italy’s economic system in the world.
So we are pleased to let you know that applications are now open for the 2022/2023 Italian Government Scholarships available for postgraduate study in Italy. Interested candidates are invited to apply according to the below eligibility and application instructions.
Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students Brief Description
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Italy
- Scholarship Type: Government Scholarships
- Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Italy
- Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
- Number of Awards: Not Stated
- Study Level: Masters and PhD
- Nationality: International Students
Also Check: Japanese Government Scholarships for Foreign Students 2022
Italian Government Scholarships 2022/2023 Eligibility Criteria
The list of eligible foreign countries can be found on the website “Study in Italy”: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/en/call-for-procedure. Summarily, the eligibility conditions are as follows;
- Academic qualifications: Applications must only be submitted by foreign and Italian students living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll in the Italian University/Institute.
- Age requirements: Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 28 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th2022), with the sole exception of renewals.
- Language proficiency: For enrolling in an Italian-taught or English-taught course, the candidate must provide proof of proficiency in the language of instruction for the course for which he/she has chosen.
Government of Italy Scholarships 2022 Value/Duration:
- Tuition Fees: Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University. An exemption is not granted for courses in the Italian language and culture, for which enrollment fees are due.
- Health and Medical Insurance: Grantees will be covered by health and medical/accident insurance contracted by MAECI for the entire duration of the grant. Insurance coverage will not apply to events derived from pre-existing physical and pathological conditions.
- Financial Grant: Grantees will receive a monthly allowance of 900 Euros on a quarterly basis, which will be paid to their Italian bank account.
The Government of Italy Scholarships for foreign students duration can be six or nine months depending on the type of course. Renewals are granted only to applicants who prove satisfactory academic progress.
Italian Government Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023 Application Procedures
Applicants must complete and submit the online application form available upon registration at the official website. Applications must be submitted by 2 pm (Central European Time), 9 June 2022.
It is important the read the 2022/2023 Call for Applications and visit the official website to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/en/call-for-procedure
Application Deadline: June 9th, 2022