Dr. Dev Pragad, chief executive officer of Newsweek, is proud to establish the KCL Newsweek Scholarship in Engineering for both domestic and International Students. So read through this page to learn how to apply for the Newsweek Engineering Scholarship online.
The King’s College London Newsweek Engineering Scholarship will be awarded to international students undertaking a taught Engineering Masters programme. The prestigious award will be given to an exceptional international student who can demonstrate financial hardship to support them in their studies at King’s.
Dr. Pragad studied at KCL as an undergraduate in the School of Engineering, computer systems, and electronics and then furthered his studies to achieve his Doctor of Philosophy in Mobile and Internet. Dr. Pragad wishes to give other students the opportunity and experience he received at KCL in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
2023 King’s College London Newsweek Engineering Scholarship Brief Description
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Newsweek’s CEO, Dr. Dev Pragad
- Host Institution(s): King’s College London, UK
- Scholarship Worth: £49,310 for Tuition & Living Expenses
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: International Students
KCL Newsweek Engineering Scholarship Worth
The scholarship is worth £49,310 and will cover:
- International tuition fees of £29,310 on the 2022-23 taught Masters courses in Engineering plus
- £20,000 in the form of a stipend to cover living expenses.
KCL Newsweek Scholarship in Engineering 2023 Eligibility Criteria?
In order to be eligible to apply for the Newsweek scholarship in Engineering, students must:
- Intend to undertake full-time taught Masters courses in Engineering programme at King’s from September 2022
- Be classed as international for tuition fees
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Academic merit as demonstrated by your undergraduate degree transcript of grades and final degree award outcome
- Be willing to provide an end-of-year report or any other interactions deemed necessary by the donor
- Provide a written personal statement in support of your application
Please note that meeting the eligibility criteria alone does not guarantee a successful outcome.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for KCL Newsweek Scholarship in Engineering, applicants should Please complete the application form here.
Please email [email protected] if you have any queries or would like further information.
Application Deadline: August 22, 2022