Netflix party | How to Watch Netflix party with friends and family
Netflix Party- Are you away from your family, do you miss those family night movies times you guys usually have every weekend? Watch movies here!
Well, we have just the solution for you, Netflix party!, well Netflix party was launched recently by the platform as a means of group video viewing.
You can watch, and pause movies even if all of you are watching together, giving you the classic family feel.
Remember when your elder sister had to pause the movie because she wanted to use the bathroom, it is not the funniest of memories.
But it is very eventful, you these are more feelings are interplayed in this Netflix party feature.
The lockdown/ quarantine epidemic has brought about a change in the way the tech business operates.
Now the media giants have moved from trying to connect people physically to primarily connecting them over large distances.
The lockdown has given prominence to lots of multiple connecting features on social media.
This is not restrictive to
- WhatsApp increasing their video call limit to eight.
Zoom and Skype gaining prominence,
Etc, the list is endless.
Well, so it’s a little wonder that Netflix now has its own quarantined influenced feature.
Well, Netflix isn’t a communication powerhouse like the above-mentioned platforms,
If you have used reflex before or have even heard of it, I’m sure you know that Netflix is a movie streaming platform.
So their own quarantined influenced upgrade is not going to be increasing their call limit or adding video call to their popular platform.
Well as initially mentioned, it is simply adding group online movie streaming to their ever-impressive feature list.
This is very important as it helps family bond and does one of the activities they did when together only this time it is done online.
The major drawback of the Netflix party is that it is only available on Google chrome browser.
We will talk about it in-depth as we progress in this article.
How to use a Netflix party.
Now I believe you have a rough idea at least on the purpose f this article, so how does one go about it.
- The first and most important thing is that you all must have a Netflix account.
Yeah, that’s right; every intending participant must have a Netflix account.
In case you are wondering about subscription, well Netflix is free for the first month of viewing.
Even reactivating your account only costs $9, which sure it very affordable.
- The next part is quite easy, you simply have to download the Netflix party extension on google chrome.
Remember when we told you that the feature is only available on google chrome, well this is the reason.
We believe at some point that the feature is going to be available on different platforms apart from the google chrome.
But for now, It is what it is.
- Well, let’s go through the stages to install the Netflix Party extension on google chrome.
- Click on the URL link netflixparty.com
- Then click on the Get Netflix Party for free.
- You’ll be then be redirected to the Google Chrome web store extension page to download the extension. Click Add to Chrome.
- A pop-up box menu will open.
- From the pop-up box, menu Select Add Extension. You’ll now see a grey NP icon in your browser toolbar.
Start watching movies with friends
Wow, as you’ve got the extension downloaded, you can begin watching shows and movies with your friends and family.
- Here’s how to start
- Open a new tab in your Google Chrome browser and log in to Netflix.
- Find a show or movie you’d like to watch and click on it.
- You’ll now see that the NP (Netflix Party) icon has changed from gray to red. Click the icon and select Start the party.
- It’ll make you the host, so you can either select the option for you to be the only controller pausing and playing the show,
- or you can let someone else take control.
- Copy the URL from the pop-up box and send it to everyone you want to invite to the group.
- The chat room will appear on the right side of the screen. From there, you’ll be able to see when someone joins the party.
- Now you can laugh, cry and howl with your family and friends, and feel a little less on your own as you make use of this platform.