The New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS) for the 2023 session special round is now open and welcomes applications from eligible candidates around the globe. So read through here to learn how to apply for the scholarship.
The Government of New Zealand through the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries will be supporting eligible students from developing countries for a fully funded Ph.D. study in New Zealand.
The scholarship offers the possibility for students from developing countries to come to New Zealand to work on research projects related to agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation
New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships 2023 at a Glance
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries
- Host Institution(s): New Zealand Higher Institutions
- Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount not stated)
- Number of Awards: Four Scholarships
- Study Level: PhD
- Nationality: Domestic/International students
New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships 2023 Eligibility
The following criteria are non-negotiable:
- Your PhD study must be conducted in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- You must be from a developing country.
- You can apply to one of the available projects.
Eligible Research Areas:
For this special round, four PhD projects aligned with New Zealand research programmes have been selected:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertilizer implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships Application Procedures
Applications must be completed and submitted by 30 September, 11:59 pm New Zealand time exclusively via the Education New Zealand online application portal.
To ensure swift and smooth processing of the application documents, all attachments need to be uploaded in the application portal in the form of PDF files only.
The following information must be provided, and documents must be uploaded to the application portal:
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship
- Evidence of meeting the requirements to enroll in a PhD programme at the selected University
- Academic transcripts, grading scale, and certificate of completion
- One Page Motivation letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for the selected project
- CV (maximum two pages)
Application Deadline: 30 September, 11:59 pm New Zealand time
Please submit your application via the Education New Zealand online Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS) application portal.