Recover Old Facebook Account | Recover Lost Facebook Account
Recover Old Facebook Account – This article will help you to recover your old Facebook accounts which you probably abandoned. That might have been due to some issues you could not handle.
A lot of issues make users leave an old account and open a new account. However, recovering an account should not be a problem, if you forgot your password it can be reset.
Additionally, if the phone number that links the account is missing it can be recovered via email. In a nutshell, you can still recover your old account on Facebook.
Recover Old Facebook Account
Whatever be the reasons why you left an old account, it can be recovered as we stated before. So, if you forgot the password to your Facebook account, you can request to change your password via email or text message.
What if you do not have access to the email or mobile phone number associated with the account you want to recover? In that case, you can request to recover your Facebook account with a photo ID.
All you will need is an image of a photo ID scanned onto your computer. Additionally, a new email address not associated with a current Facebook account. It is therefore an easy task to recover back your Facebook old account.
Steps To Recover Old Facebook Account
To recover your old Facebook account, simply follow the steps below;
Using an Email or Phone Number
You can use your email address as well as a phone number to recover your account. To simply do that, use these steps below;
- First, go to https://www.facebook.com in a web browser. You can use any web browser on a PC or Mac to go to Facebook’s main official website.
- Now, if you are logged into a different or new account, click on ‘Forgot account’ like in the center and click “Log Out” at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Then click Forgot account? It’s the link below the boxes where you would normally enter your password to sign in. It’s seen in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now, type an account identifier and click Search. Enter an email address or phone number in the text field labeled “Email or Phone” to search for your account. They’ll show a list of Facebook accounts that match your search results.
- Also, you can type your full name or username instead. This is useful if you don’t know the email address or phone number you used to create your account.
- Then click This Is My Account next to your old account. Note that this button appears next to each account that is listed when you search for your old Facebook account. Tap on the button next to the profile for your old account. However, if you don’t see your old account listed, try searching with other terms.
- Afterward, select how you want to reset your password and click Continue. You can select to reset your password by email or text message.
- What if you don’t have access to the email address or phone number associated with the account you are trying to recover? In that case, you can try to recover your account with a photo ID instead.
- Then check your email or text messages. Facebook will send you a 6-digit code almost immediately. This is what you can use to reset your password to the email or phone number associated with the account.
- Now, enter the 6-digit recover code and click Continue. The 6-digit recovery code is sent to you from Facebook to your email or mobile phone via text message.
- Finally, enter a new password and click Continue. The new password must be at least 6-digits long. This will sign you in to your old Facebook account.
Lastly, for better security, it’s recommended that you create a password that has letters, numbers, and special characters.