Ring Account Payment: How to subscribe- Ring protects plans
A ring account payment depends on the type of subscription that you’re using. We can’t talk about the Ring Account payment without talking about the Ring app and Ring subscription.
Talking about Ring account payment, you have to really decide the type of subscription you want. Deciding this has a lot to do with how much you have budgeted and how many devices you have or how many devices you want to operate with the Ring app.
What is a Ring Protect Plan?
A Ring protect plan is a subscription for your ring device that provides video storage for 60 days in the US. It helps you not to miss any important moment. You can use the Ring protect plan to save and share your favorite moments via your mobile device or your personal computer.
What are Ring Devices?
Ring devices include your ring cameras, doorbells, and other alert devices.
Must I use the Ring protect Plan?
It’s now very important to let you know that you must not use the Ring Protect plan. You can use your devices without a subscription. The devices have motion notifications, Live view, and Two-way talk for free without a plan subscription.
Ring Account Subscription
The Ring Subscription plan is available 24/7. It’s for professional monitoring for 24 hours of the day. So, the plan you’ll choose depends on you as I said earlier. However, you have to choose the plan that’s just right for you. After choosing the plan you can now make your Ring account payment.
Read also: How to delete Litmatch account
There’re two types of Ring protect plans and they are:
Basic ring protect Plan
The basic Ring protects plan offers users activation of video recording for one device. Its price is $3 per month or $30 per year saving up to $6 with the annual purchase.
Plus Ring Protect Plan
The plus Ring Protect plan offers video recording for all devices at your home. It also provides 24/7 professional monitoring for your ring alarm. Its price is $10 per month or $100 per year. If you’re paying per annual, you can save up to $20 for the annual purchase of the plan.
What you get from the Ring Protect plans
If you’re using the basic plan you’ll get the following services:
- Motion-activated notifications
- Real-time video with live view
- Two-way talk
- Lifetime theft protection
- Video history for 60 days
- Video saving and sharing
- Snapshot capture
- People only mode
- Rich Notifications
Read Also, How to delete Getupside Account
At this point, your basic plan will end here. But those using the Plus plan will enjoy the above services with the below-added services:
- 24/7 professional monitoring for Ring alarm
- Extended Warranties for all devices
- 10% off select products at Ring.com
Professional monitoring involves requesting the help that you need when your alarm is triggered. Its 24/7 protection involves in the cases of the following:
- Smoke and carbon monoxide emergencies
- Burglaries or Break-ins
- Floods and freezing temperatures.
Read Also: How to delete Zoosk account
How to subscribe to Ring Protect Plan
I have taken some time to explain what the Ring protect plan is above. Now you know what this is all about. How can you subscribe to the plans?
To subscribe, use the following steps as a guide:
- Go to the website at Ring.com and key in the username and password you use in the ring app
- Under one of the devices, you wish to cover, click subscribe
- Choose all the devices you want to subscribe to Ring Protect Basic or Plus, thereafter, click the select button for the plan.
- Select the protect Basic or Protect Plan
So, for your convenience, this page has already discussed the pricing and the benefits of each of the plan you’ll choose
- This means that if you select multiple devices and choose a base, the price for basic will be charged for each device.
- Plus covers all the devices at one location for one price.
- After that, click the payment method button
- Fill in your payment details on the secure form and click on Review Order.
- Lastly, click the purchase button
I must say that these plans here are all good and I wish you the best as you make use of these plans for your security purposes. Whatever be the case if you at any point get tired or feel that you can’t use this again due to payment difficulty or any challenge at all, you can choose to delete your Ring Account.
How to delete Ring Account
If you wish to delete your Ring account for any reason or the other, do the following:
- Go to your Ring app and open the menu
- Ensure that you’re on the right location, then, click on the tap settings
- Tap on users.
- Click the user that you’ll like to delete.
- Just scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on ‘’Remove User’’.
- Click the ‘’Remove’’ option.
How to reset the Ring doorbell for a new owner
To achieve this, do the following:
- Make sure you remove the backplate from the ring
- Then hold the orange button on the back of the device for about 15-20 seconds
- After that, you’ll see the ring flash a light on the front. With the flash, you’ll know that it has completed the hard reset successfully.
How to Remove an Old Ring owner
This is about removing a ring device from the past or previous owner. Though the new owner should be someone you know or someone that lives in the neighborhood. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Click on the three lines on the left top of the app.
- Tap devices, click on the device you want to remove
- Click on the device settings.
- Tap on the general settings.
- Click on the ‘Remove’ this device.
From the beginning, I have discussed the monthly charges of each of the Ring plans. In case you want to know which is the best? Here is what I have for you.
Which of the Ring plan is the best?
For people outfitted for a doorbell camera or 1-2 Ring security Cameras, they should go for Protect Basic for just $3 monthly. This plan is the best for you. But you won’t get any of the professional monitoring. Though, you’ll get the usual video recording and sharing plan.
Does Ring Do recording all the time?
No, Ring cameras only record if motion is detected. If you’re using the protection plan, you can enable snapshot images to be taken on ring cameras every 3 minutes to every hour between motion detected recordings.
How to tell if someone is watching you on Ring
Well, if on a desktop web browser, someone that’s logged in can watch historical archived footage. However, Ring doesn’t have a way to see how many people are logged in at once. Then it means that if a hacker is logged in to the app, a Ring owner can’t tell anyway.
What is Ring Internet Consumption?
The internet usage on Ring Doorbell varies. However, it ranges between 50 and 300 GB per month. But at its minimum upload and download speed of 2 Mbp, and it can take a minimum of 8.5 minutes of its activity to exceed one gig of data.
What Distance can Ring Cameras See?
Well, the motion detection on the powered Ring Devices can easily detect up to 30 feet from the camera.
Is it legal to use Ring Audio?
Interestingly, companies like Ring make doorbells that allow video and audio to be recorded when motion is triggered near your front door. However, California is a two-way consent state, and it means that both parties will need to agree to a video or audio recording.
Does the Phone app detect a hidden Camera?
It’s obvious that we’re in a tech world. In this really high-tech world, surveillance cameras are everywhere. So if you have a phone that has a hidden camera detector, it can find a camera irrespective of where it’s hidden. It’s possible on your iphone or android phones.