We are pleased to inform you that the Sara Scholarship application program for 2022 is open. The 2022 Sara Scholarships application deadline is April 30, 2022. A minimum of twelve (12) $2000 scholarships will be awarded in 2022 to female high school seniors who have some involvement with the sport of golf.
As you may already have known, The Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation is offering the Sara Scholarship Program for female high school seniors who have some involvement with the sport of golf and have the intention to graduate at the end of the school year. A minimum of 11 awards will be given this year. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years.
The Sara Scholarship is granted annually through the Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation. The objective of the Sara Scholarship is to grant need-based academic scholarships to female high school seniors who have demonstrated excellence of character and are involved with the sport of golf
The Sara Scholarship Program 2022 Benefits
The Sara Scholarship awards $2000 per year to be applied towards tuition, books, board, and other expenses. A minimum of twelve $2000 scholarships will be awarded in 2022.
The grant is eligible for renewal throughout the applicant’s undergraduate college career for up to four years, totaling $8000.
2022-2023 Sara Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for the Sara Scholarship, applicants must…
- Be female
- Be high school seniors with the intention to graduate at the end of the school year
- Meet entrance requirements and plan to enroll at an accredited college or university in the United States
- Have a cumulative minimum unweighted GPA (grade point average) of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate excellent character and active involvement with the sport of golf. Skill in playing golf is not a criterion
- Examples include playing golf as a hobby or as part of a team, working at a golf course, as a caddy or in a pro shop, and any other direct, active engagement with the sport
The Sara Scholarship Application Must Include…
- Completed Sara Scholarship Application form
- Copy of Official High School Transcript (including Fall semester grades from senior year)
- Applicant’s personal essay (see section VI of application)
- Copy of applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR), including the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- In order to qualify for the Sara Scholarship, you must first file a Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) with the U.S. Department of Education to determine your eligibility for student aid. It is extremely important to do this as soon as possible, as the application takes time to process and deadlines vary from state to state. Once your application is processed, the Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) detailing your eligibility for aid.
- ONE letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor or administrator such as a principal. As an alternative, a letter of recommendation from a local business or professional person is acceptable. Please send only ONE letter of recommendation.
The Sara Scholarship Program Application Procedure
You are to mail the application to:
- The Sara Scholarship
- The Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation
- 310 N. Kensington Ave.
- LaGrange Park, IL. 60526
NOTIFICATION OF RECEIVING AN AWARD
Winning applicants will be notified on or before August 15, 2022.
The Sara Scholarship 2022 Application Deadline
The completed Sara Scholarship application and all supporting documents (see application checklist above) must be put in the same envelope and postmarked on or before April 30, 2022.
The application can be downloaded from this link here