The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) which is a new scholarship programme that replaces the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS) offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes at Swedish Universities in the Autumn semester of 2023.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals 2023 aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.
SI Scholarship for Global Professionals 2023-2024 Brief Description
- Host Universities/Institutions: Swedish Higher Education Institutions and Swedish Universities
- Level/Field(s) of study: You’ll find the list of eligible master programmes for the SISGP call for the application academic year 2023/2024 here.
- Number of Scholarships: An estimated 350 scholarships will be available in 2023.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals Eligible Countries
Students from the following countries:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
SI Scholarship Value/inclusions/Duration:
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, living expenses of SEK 11,000 per month, insurance, and a one-time travel grant of SEK 11,000-15,000 (only for scholarship holders living outside Sweden).
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester.
There are no additional grants for family members. It also doesn’t cover the application fee to University Admissions.
To be eligible for SISGP:
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships (see above). However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience. In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 30 March 2023.
- The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. The university gives priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more. Read the complete eligibility criteria found on the official website.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, by 16 January 2023. Once you have submitted your application for the master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
- After you have completed your application to a master’s programme, you can apply for an SI scholarship. You must submit the required documents digitally through the online application portal from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2023 14:59 CET.
It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website by clicking here to continue your application