University of Copenhagen Ph.D. fellow in computational biology/computer science 2021-2022
The University of Copenhagen Ph.D. fellowship: the University of Copenhagen through the Department of Biology, Faculty of Science is currently accepting applications from international students. It’s for main students who intend to go for their Ph.D. scholarship in Bioinformatics/computer science commencing 15 August 2021.
However, this position is also available for candidates who’re enrolled at one of the faculty’s master programs in Bioinformatics and computer. Also, those who want to obtain their Ph.D. in Biology can apply for this scholarship program. Meanwhile, the duration of the integrated program depends on the number of credits that you’ve passed on your MSc program.
The University of Copenhagen Ph.D. program Details
Note that this scholarship is peculiar to Ph.D. students whose research focus is to develop new ideas for solving fundamental biological problems of genome assembly, heliotypic and single-cell modalities.
Meanwhile, the starting salary is at a minimum of DKK 333,464, with some other included annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 54,191). This position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Eligibility of this scholarship program
For you to be eligible for University of Copenhagen Ph.D. program, you’ll have to meet up the criteria below.
- As an applicant, you should hold an MSc degree in Bioinformatics/computer science/Biology with good results.
- The criteria for the assessment of your qualifications emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any).
- Relevant work experience will be needed.
- Applicants should have good English skills.
The Scholarship Benefits
Benefits for the University of Copenhagen Ph.D. program include;
- You’ll receive a Starting salary, which is currently at a minimum of DKK 333,464 (approx. €44,461)
- Also, your annual supplement will be founded (+ pension at a minimum of DKK 54,191).
- However, the position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
- Applicants can negotiate for a salary supplement if they’re not satisfied with the payment.
Application Procedures for this scholarship program
How-to-Apply: To apply for this scholarship program, your application in English must be submitted through this provided link online application form.
Please include the following information during your application
- Your CV
- Applicant’s diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Applicant’s acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE, if any
- Put in other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)
- Your 1-3 reference letters (if any)
Applicants Reference letters must be uploaded by the applicant him/herself. Note that the recruiting person must NOT obtain reference letters which content is not known to the applicant him/herself. Meanwhile, this is simply against Danish law.
This scholarship program is sponsored by the University of Copenhagen. Denmark. It’s also a full-time fellowship. It has an attractive salary, which all applicants will stand to benefit from. In the time past, this scholarship program has received so many awards because of its performance.
It has benefited students from different part of the world who wishes to upgrade their studies by going for their Ph.D. program. However, some individuals can hardly sponsor their academics.
This is the reason for this scholarship program so that people can have an opportunity to upgrade their studies. Do you fall into this category? This opportunity is for you to grade.
We’ve provided you with some important information on how you can apply for this scholarship program. You can make your dream come through by applying for this scholarship.