The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente. The students receive between € 3,000 and € 22,000 for one year.
The University Twente Scholarships (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a Master’s programme at the University of Twente.
So we are glad to inform you that applications are now open for the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) for the 2022-2023 (September 2022 intake) academic year.
University of Twente Scholarships 2022-2023 Brief Description
- Host Institution(s): The University of Twente, The Netherlands
- Level/Field(s) of study: Qualifying Master’s Programmes offered at the University:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental and Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology, and Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 50
- Target group: International students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries (see the official website for complete list)
University of Twente Scholarship Value/Duration
- € 3,000 – € 22,000 for one year (approximately 50 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
- Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living when studying at the University of Twente (excluding tuition fees).
Please note: The UTS scholarship is meant as compensation for study-related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
2022-2023 University of Twente Scholarship Application Requirements
In order to be eligible for the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below
- Application for a UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the
- The University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2022/2023 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a student number.
- You have not graduated from a UT (under)graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
UTS Scholarship Application Deadlines & Details
Application deadline – round 1:
- Application form opens per 15 October 2021, 09.00 CET
- Application forms closes per 1 February 2022, 16.00 CET (for programmes starting September 2022)
Application deadline – round 2:
- Application form opens per 1 February 2022, 16.00 CET
- Application form closes per 1 May 2022, 16.00 CET (for programmes starting September 2022)
If you applied in round 1, and your application was rejected, an application in round 2 is not considered. You can only be awarded with one UT scholarship.
How to Apply for University Twente Scholarships
To start your application:
You have to apply for a Master’s programme first. Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the UTS scholarship with your student number. UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students. The UTS is not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC). The UTS is not available for the pre-Master programme.
The official University Twente Scholarship 2023 application portal is: https://www.utwente.nl/en/education/scholarship-finder/application-forms/preapl-uts/