UNSDSN: UNSDSN Global Schools Advocates Program 2021
The UNSDSN: what is the full meaning of UNSDSN? UNSDSN means the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network. It’s a Global Schools Advocates Program, and the 2021 application is now open for applicants. However, the Global school will be launching its third cohort of the Global School advocates program.
This will help to develop their capacity. However, the building capacity is mainly the integrated sustainability that is in the school communities.
Meanwhile, some selected teachers and students will be offered an invitation to go through an online training course. This training course will be on the SDGs and Education for sustainable development.
During this training course, they would be taught the Agenda for Sustainable Development. The SDGs, and the role of schools.
They’ll also learn different ways in which they can acquire the SDGs. however, they’ll also incorporate the topics in the lesson plans and the activities of the school.
After these courses are been completed, the Global Schools program will support the teacher’s course. Furthermore, the Global Schools program will also offer support to teachers by offering them free resources.
However, these resources will be used to build a long-term school strategy and implementing ESD right inside their classroom. Also, they apply it in the community of the school.
Some of the Responsibilities of UNSDSN
Some of the basic responsibilities of the advocates are listed below:
- Complete the online training: These advocates are been scheduled to take part in a four-hour online training program. It will help in the further development and understanding of sustainable development, Global schools, and Education for sustainable development (ESD).
- Introduce ESD to Their School: Also these Advocates are to be offered a Toolkit along with a presentation. After that, they’ll get a workshop that they can adapt to school communities.
- Integrate ESD activities right in the Classroom or the School Community: With this advocate, you would be offered a toolkit with lesson plans. Also, they will also receive activities that they can carry out throughout their Mandate right in the classroom or school. Furthermore, the Advocates program doesn’t need the teacher to implement a defined curriculum.
Share Their Journey: With these advocates, you would be given the job of sharing their journey with the Global School Community. With this, they’ll also get to share their project with the school leadership. Also, they’ll get a share with parents, and the much greater community.
Some of the interesting Benefits
- First, you’ll receive a free training course on the SDGs and Education for Sustainable development
- It’ll give you the ability to take part in an amazing network of like-minded teachers. These teachers are working to further implement activities and lessons in the SDGs right inside their classrooms.
- You’ll also get the chance to serve as a mentor advocate for upcoming cohorts.
- When you’re done completing the program, the teacher would be offered a certificate of completion.
- Access to monthly online professional development workshops and conversations with experts on the SDGs and education.
- The ability to act as a leader in your school and community by coming up with a long term plan of ESD integration
- And finally, recognizable title as a Global School Advocate for the UNSDSN.
Eligibility and Criteria for UNSDSN
- Every secondary and primary school teacher around the world can apply. Also including the 45,000+ teachers that are in the Global Schools network of 1,000+ schools in 80+ countries.
- Secondly, they should also teach at any primary or secondary school worldwide
- The applicant must possess a high level of English for you to complete the Global network
- Then finally, Commit at least 5 hours every week to this role.
How you can apply
You can simply apply for this United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UNSDSN). Global schools Advocate program 2021 on their official site.