US Diversity Visa Lottery | who qualifies for the diversity visa lottery 2021/2022
The State Department of the website for the US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2021/2022) program is now open and it’s accessible for everyone. Anyone who is interested can either apply for a place or check their entrance status if they have already applied. They’re so many details on how to apply and be successful in the US Visa Lottery DV-2021/2022 in this article.
Every year, the Department of State organizes a random selection of Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) for applicants, based on allocations of available visas in each region and country. from all registered entries.
It’s very important that you always know the entry submission period so that you’ll prepare and apply on time. Meanwhile, the entry form will be available for submission during the set application window only. Applicants will NOT be accepted through the U.S. Postal Service.
How to know you’re Eligible for US Diversity Visa Lottery 2021/2022
It’s advised that the interested persona will have to meet the following eligibility requirement so that they can be able to apply for the US electronic diversity visa lottery. With the listed eligibility requirement you can check to know if you’re eligible or not.
Everyone born in countries whose natives are accepted may be eligible to enter. Meanwhile, if you’re not born in an eligible country, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- The first way to qualify is whether your spouse was born in a country whose natives are eligible? If the answer is yes, then you can claim your spouse’s country of birth – provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found qualified and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States easily.
- Are you born or brought up in a country whose natives are ineligible? Or maybe your parents were born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, then you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country their natives are eligible for the DV 2021-2022 program.
Any DV applicant must meet up with the education and work experience requirement of the DV program by having either:
- It could be your high school education certificate or an equivalent certificate, which is evidence of successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education.
- A prove of your two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that demands at least two years of training or experience to perform. However, the Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine and check your qualifying work experience.
The Selection Process and Timeline of US diversity visa Lottery
All applicants must read the provided useful Information! if you’re applying for the US diversity visa lottery 2021-2022 you’ll have to follow and take note of the following information below;
- The selection of applicants is determined by the allocations of available visas in each region and country. The Department of State will randomly select individuals through a computer device from among qualified entries.
- All applicants of visa lottery (DV-2021/2022) entrants must go to the Entrant Status Check using the confirmation number saved from your online entry registration to find out if your entry has been selected in the program or not.
- When your entry is selected, you will be directed to a confirmation page where you’ll be provided with further instructions, which includes information about fees connected with immigration to the United States.
- The entrant Status Check will be the ONLY means that the Department of State will notify selectees of their selection for DV-2021/2022.
- The Department of State will not Email the notification letters to the applicants. However, the US embassies and consulates will not also provide a list of selectees.
- All the selected applicants, including their family members, must be issued visas by September 30, 2021.
- Other applicants who’ve not been selected also will be notified ONLY through the Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website. Applicants are you are strongly encouraged to access Entrant Status Check themselves.
- Please don’t depend on someone else to check and inform you, do that yourself.
Application for US Diversity Visa Lottery Program
The registration for the diversity visa lottery (DV-2021/2022) is been applied online. Simply follow the steps below to apply;
- Go to the Department of State website through the provided link dvprogram.state.gov to start the registration
- You can click on the registration or the apply button “not currently available”
- Fill in and upload all needed documents in the provided box.
- Also, go through your application instructions pageto study the application procedure in detail before submitting it.