If you are not familiar with how the US DV Lottery Program works, you might possibly be wondering why the US DV Lottery 2023 Registration is open now, but as we proceed to show you how to apply for Diversity Visa Program (DV Lottery) we shall clarify you more.
It is important to note that successful DV entrants applying for DV-2023 Green Card program also known as American Visa Lottery Program must meet simple, but strict, eligibility requirements in order to qualify for a diversity visa (to be born in the country eligible for this lottery and has to be qualified based on education, work, and other requirements).
The program is called the “Green Card Lottery” or “DV Lottery” because the winners are determined through a random drawing from among the 10–12 million people who enter each year worldwide. Diversity visas are distributed among six geographic regions and no single country may receive more than seven percent of the available DVs in any one year.
DV-2023 Diversity Visa Program Entry Period
US DV Lottery Program online application Deadline: Oct. 15th, 2022!
Only until October 15th, 2022, you can apply for the official DV Lottery 2023!
Do not wait until the last week of the registration period to enter, as heavy demand may result in website delays. No late entries or paper entries will be accepted. The law allows only one entry by or for each person during each registration period. The Department of State uses sophisticated technology to detect multiple entries. Individuals with more than one entry will be disqualified.
Am I Eligible for US DV Lottery 2023?
Almost everyone can apply for the Diversity Visa Lottery program! There are only two requirements to qualify for a U.S. Green Card lottery program:
- Country of birth in accordance with current world political maps
- Education and/or working experiences
Use the DV Lottery Check to find out with just a few clicks if you qualify for the DV Lottery 2023!
US DV Lottery 2023 Registration Eligibility Criteria
- Requirement #1:
Individuals must be born in countries whose natives qualify may be eligible to enter.
Not all countries will be eligible to apply for the US DV-2023 lottery because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years. If you were not born in an eligible country, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Was your spouse born in a country whose natives are eligible? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth—provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.
- Were you born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2023 program.
Not all countries will be eligible to apply because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years.
- Requirement #2:
US DV-2023 applicants must meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program by having either: at least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education.
US DV Lottery 2023 Online Application Qualifying Educations/Occupations:
The law and regulations require that every DV entrant must have at least:
- A high school education or it’s equivalent; or
- Two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience.
- Occupations which will Qualify for the Diversity Visa Program (DV): The Department of Labor (DOL) O*Net Online database groups job experience into five “job zones”. While many occupations are listed on the DOL website, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program. To qualify for a Diversity Visa on the basis of your work experience, you must, within the past five years, have two years of experience in an occupation that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.
How Can I Apply for the US DV Lottery?
Participation in the annual DV Lottery is basically free of charge and all eligible persons can complete the US DV Lottery 2023 Registration process on the website of the U.S. Department of State. However, what many do not know: In every lottery up to 40% of all participants are disqualified because of formal or deadline errors in their application!
The admission or rejection of applications for the Diversity Visa Lottery is an electronic process, but participants are not informed about the outcome. Whether the application will end up in the lottery or not won’t be communicated.
You can enter the U.S. Diversity Visa Lottery for free at www.state.gov or use our service if you need any help with the application process.
However, the Green Card service agency The American Dream guarantees your participation in the official DV Lottery. Each application is individually checked by state-approved emigration consultants and is submitted to the US authorities in due form and time.
With their expert knowledge, our team has already accompanied more than 19,000 Green Card winners on their way to the USA and for years now!
US DV Lottery Status Check
As of 6th June 2022, you can check your result for DV2023 with the entrant status check – are you a winner of the DV Lottery?
Note: You can only check your DV-2022 Green Card Lottery result if you applied before Nov. 5, 2022.
Go To DV Lottery Status Check
You will be able to check your results of DV-2022 in May 2023. Subscribe to our newsletter if you need a reminder and to stay informed about the latest DV Lottery news!
Selection of DV Lottery Applicants
Based on the allocations of available visas in each region and country, the Department of State will randomly select individuals by computer from among qualified entries. All DV-2022 entrants must go to the Entrant Status Check using the unique confirmation number saved from their DV-2022 online entry registration to find out whether their entry has been selected in the DV program.
Entrant Status Check will be available on the E-DV website at www.dvlottery.state.gov starting May 4, 2022, through at least September 30, 2022.
US DV Lottery 2023 Registration Instructions Video
Do you have questions about submitting your US DV lottery 2023 online registration?
The video below uncovers the most important DV Program Instructions and shows you step by step how to register successfully for the official US Green Card Lottery. This guidance video is therefore very helpful to DV 2023 applicants. Watch the video below