Here are USA Government jobs available for immigrants with visa sponsorship as the USA government welcomes large numbers of new arrivals every year through what is called U.S. Diversity Green Card Lottery — and getting a great job to both gain experience and set down roots is a core part of the American dream for many.
The good news is that there’s a fairly steady supply of jobs in the USA for immigrants, across both entry-level and more experienced positions — as long as you know where to look. But haven’t arrived on this page, you are already in the right place.
The USA economy has added millions of jobs since Joe Biden took office and it has continued even till now. Unemployment is falling and a number of industries, including manufacturing and healthcare, expect significant growth over the next few years.
In this article you will find jobs that have been listed in the USA Government Jobs Available For Immigrants With Visa Sponsorship, you will see that of Canada here, and you can apply as an immigrant.
USA Government Jobs Available For Immigrants With Visa Sponsorship
Let’s take a look at some of the most common highly demanding jobs for new immigrants in the USA. These are typically entry-level roles, although recent figures suggest that immigrants are increasingly being brought into the US to take on more advanced and technical positions.
More on that in a moment. Here are some of the most common entry-level jobs available for immigrants coming into the US:
- Customer service roles
- Grooming and personal care positions
- Transportation work
- Tailoring and dressmaking
- Manual labor positions
- Agricultural roles
- Food and beverage, restaurant, and dining sector
- Factory and manufacturing work
Although entry-level positions may be common among new arrivals to the US, there is also a growing need for more experienced and qualified professionals.
Necessary Documentation to Apply for USA Jobs For Immigrants
Check the paperwork you need to gather before you go to your visa interview. Typically you need the following³:
- Form DS-260.
- Passport photographs.
- Civil documents like birth and marriage certificates.
- Proof of financial support.
- Medical certificates as required.
Visa Requirements for Employment in the US
Here are some key pointers about the jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship 2022 application process. Here’s the normal process for getting a US employment visa:
- Prospective employer secures a labor certificate and files an immigrant petition on behalf of the employee
- Once USCIS² approves the petition it is sent on to the National Visa Centre (NVC)
- Once a visa is available, you’ll need to pay your fee and submit the required documents to the NVC. The wait time for a visa to come available does vary widely based on your application type and home country
- You’ll need to attend an interview at a US embassy or consulate location near you
- You may need to take medical tests or get vaccinations, depending on the situation
- If your application is approved you’re given a set of documents to hand over to the immigration authorities when you arrive in the US. Follow the instructions carefully here to make sure your entry to the country goes smoothly.
How to Apply for a USA Federal Government Job Through USAJOBS
You must create a USAJOBS profile to apply.
- USAJOBS requires users to have a login.gov account. Sign up with login.gov. Click here for details
- Sign into USAJOBS, create your profile, and upload your resume.
- Search for jobs that interest you.
- Review the job announcements to see if you qualify.
- Prepare your application in USAJOBS.
- Submit your application through USAJOBS to the federal agency with the job opening.