Applications are invited from suitably qualified international students for the Vice-Chancellor’s Social Champion Scholarship at the University of Canberra, Australia for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Three Vice-Chancellor’s Social Champion Scholarships will be offered to international students intending to commence at UC in semester 1 2023, who exhibit the University of Canberra’s core values and demonstrate a commitment to social engagement, sustainability, and reducing inequalities.
Vice-Chancellor’s Social Champion Scholarship 2023 Brief Description
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Canberra, Australia
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution(s): University of Canberra, Australia
- Scholarship Worth: $50,000 per year
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Nationality: All Nationalities
The University of Canberra Vice-chancellor’s Scholarship Target group:
Applications are encouraged from students who live in Latin America, Southeast Asia, Africa, and South Asia, do not otherwise have the resources to finance international study, and do not have access to other significant scholarships (example: Australia Awards).
The scholarship’s value is up to $50,000 per year, covering:
- All of your tuition fees for the course duration
- On-campus accommodation
- $10,000 AUD yearly financial allowance
- Other miscellaneous expenses in the first year
The 2023 Vice Chancellor’s Social Champion Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Vice Chancellor’s Social Scholarship 2023/24, applicants are eligible if they:
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are located offshore at the time of application.
- Have applied for but have not yet commenced an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the University of Canberra.
- Have satisfied the program academic requirement with a minimum of 80% average (or equivalent).
- Hold any form of offer letter (including conditional or provisional offer) issued by the University of Canberra.
- Are applying to study on an Australian student visa (subclass 500).
- Are a new commencing student.
- The primary visa applicant. Dependants will not be eligible for the scholarship, or able to accompany the primary visa applicant.
How to Apply for Vice Chancellors Social Champion Scholarship 2023 at the University of Canberra
You can apply for the VC’s Social Championship Scholarship at UC in two easy steps:
- Step 1: You must have an offer letter from the University of Canberra for Semester 1 2023. If you do not have an offer, apply now for admission.
- Step 2: When you have your offer letter from the University of Canberra, complete this supplementary form, which includes a personal statement. Scholarship applications submitted without an offer letter from the University of Canberra will not be processed.
- 1 April 2022 – Applications open
- 9 October 2022 – Applications close
- November 2022 – Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
- December 2022 – Final scholarship outcomes will be announced
To apply, you must complete the VC’s Social Champion Scholarship online application form.