Webmail | Apply & Login at www.webmail.co.za
In other to access your webmail, you’ll have to connect to the internet and log in to your webmail account. In using this, you’re directly accessing the email from the provider’s server. You can send and receive emails from anywhere around the world.
Meaning of a Webmail
A Webmail is just a type of email account that allows users to access their email from any computer or device using a web browser and in internet connection. You can access your email anywhere in the world provided you have an internet connection
How to get your Free Webmail Account
- Visit https://www.webmail.co.za/
- At the top right corner of the page, click on get your email account
- In the page that opens, enter your name and username
- Fill in your preferred email address
- Choose a preferred email address domain
- Enter your unique password, confirm your password by retyping it in the second space
- Enter a password recovery question and password
- Fill in an alternate email address and your phone number.
- Fill your gender type, birthday date, month, year, where you live, and home language
- At last, click on the blue register button-down to a page.
How to login your Webmail
- Go to Webmail homepage at https://www.webmail.co.za/
- Enter your email address and password in the box provided
- Click the login button to access your mailbox.
However, if you forgot your login details, click on the Forgot password below the login space and follow the instructions to recover your login password.
Why is it so popular?
It’s really different from other email services such as Gmail or Yahoo mail, but it’s in a way that makes people stick to it. One of the reasons it’s so popular is that it doesn’t need to install or use email application software like Microsoft Outlook on your computer. It enables you to read, send, reply, forward, organize your email and also save attachments in the email.
It helps to store your email in your computer and storage systems and also offers you a webpage to use for accessing your email account. To login, all you need is your email address and password.
Benefits of Webmail services
There’s no doubt the Webmail is becoming more essential than the email client. It’s now becoming a major player in building business since users can have direct access to their webmail while away from office or holiday. Below are some of the benefits of Using a Webmail.
- Offers easy access – Users have direct access to the webmail as long as they have internet access and knows the URL to their webmail on the server, their login email address as well as the password.
- Provides Backup– it enables users to access their information anywhere with a browser and internet connection. It requires no configuration or additional software but just an internet browser. There’s a form of data loss even if your computer crashes.
- It’s Universal-Users connects to the account through the server by using email protocols like POP or IMAP.
- You must not own a computer to use it. You can access your mails using a friend’s laptop or use a cyber café.
- It is cost-effective– It’s mostly free of charge, however, if you need the premium version, then you can pay a fee for that.
- It offers unlimited storage space in Gigabytes. So, users don’t have to delete messages to save space because of large file attachments.
The Nature of Webmail accounts
It’s referred to as IMAP accounts, the IMAP stands for Internet message access protocol. It’s a type of email account service that keeps a master copy of all emails on the email service’s computers. Also, it has the ability to access any email account using a web browser not minding the type of software running the email service.
Example of the email services
The Microsoft Exchange is a close example of this mail application used in the business and government, though it’s not IMAP. It has no webmail option but called the Outlook web access or OWA. It can work on your built-in email apps on your mobile devices such as your smartphones and tablets. Through your browser, you can access it easily.
How it works
Since the webmail works with a web browser, you can’t set up an email account with your Smartphone through an app or on a computer using a local app. To set it up, use a web connection to the internet.
When using our email on Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac, you’ll enjoy the built-in email application. The application comes with additional features and functions which makes it easier to work with for people.
In addition, one of the advantages is that even if you’re using your mail with more than one device, it keeps your email and folders up to date since a master copy is kept by the webmail service. Every device checks in and sends and receives updates anytime the device is connected to the internet.
Is there any form of disadvantage in using the mail services?
One thing you must know is that for you to successfully use this service to send emails, view or create emails, you must be connected to the internet. Because your email won’t be saved locally on your computer. So you won’t be able to review your email later unless you must have to have an internet connection.
Another thing is that webmail users will miss out on some features in the local email apps software in smartphones and computers.
Others may face distraction from ad services on the webmail; Spam attackers may often attach them.
The Way Forward
In my own opinion, I think nothing should stop smartphone users from using webmail services since everything about it is free apart from the premium version.