What is Facebook Username: How to Set your Username on Facebook
What is Facebook Username? A Facebook username is simply a name that shows up in the URL of your FB account. This name gives your friends access to locate you on Facebook. It can also give a direct link to your Facebook page. You need to be aware that once your FB username is ready and set, it is not possible for you to change it again. If you are someone who manages FB pages for a brand or a business, it’ll be very easy for you to help people find pages with a very nice username.
Meanwhile, in this article, we’ll be focusing on the username and we’ll show you the easy steps on how to select the appropriate username for you to use on Facebook.
How you can Set your Username on Facebook
It is not difficult to set this on Facebook. When you create a new Facebook account, Facebook will provide a username for you by default. The choice is left to you to make. Simply select the steps that are suitable for you. Meanwhile, you can go through some of the steps below to set your FB username:
- Log into your Facebook account on a desktop computer or an internet-accessible device and click on the dark blue triangle located at the top-right of the page.
- Go to the drop-down menu and click on the word “Settings”.
- Go to the next page, search and locate a row saying “Username”. This row will help displays your current username, click on “Edit.”
- Fill in your new username which you wish to change it to (meanwhile, if it’s not available, a red X will appear along with a message saying that “Username is not available”).
- Finally, click on “Save Changes” once you have your desired, available username.
Creating your Username on Facebook
Depending on your choice, if you want to reset your FB username on a page, these are steps you should follow to successfully do that:
- Click on the “About” section located on the left side of your page.
- Then next, click on the “Edit” option located next to the section for your page’s username.
- Finally, fill in your desired username, and if it is available, you can then click on “Create a username.”
With the above guide, your username will be changed. Please note that you are only allowed to have one username this means you can’t have created and had one username. Also, note that you cannot have the same username as another person.
Furthermore, your usernames must be at least 5 characters long and generic names are not allowed. However, your usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or (“.”). Very important, you must be an admin on the page before you can have access to change the Fb username for a page.
you’ve to make sure that your username must follow all the Facebook statements of rights and responsibilities. This has to be done if you wish to successfully change your username on Facebook. I’ve noticed some people find it so difficult to change their username on Facebook. Meanwhile, this is the reason for this article; it will help you successfully do that without stress. We have carefully listed some steps you’ll follow to achieve your desires.
Just like we clearly said at the beginning of this article, creating and changing your username is very simple. So I believe that you’ll find the listed steps very easy to follow and work with.