What is Splunk | what is Splunk software-What you need to know
What is Splunk? This is a software platform that is mostly used for monitoring, searching, analyzing and visualizing machine that generates data. With Splunk, it’s very easy to access data to solve problems for different businesses.
We’ll be telling you more about Splunk, how you can use it and what you can gain from it. In addition, you can say Splunk is a monitoring tool.
So many times, people have always wanted to know about Splunk and how they can benefit from it. It’s very easy, with the information we’ll be dropping here, and we believe we’ll be able to answer your question. Its monitoring tool has so many benefits which you’ll be interested to know.
This monitoring tool is available in three different versions which are; Splunk enterprise, Splunk light, Splunk cloud. As we proceed in this article we’ll be explaining them one after the other.
This edition is mostly used by big and large IT businesses. This edition allows you to gather and analyze the data from applications, websites, applications, and more. As an IT student or worker, you really need this edition so as to make your work much easier.
Splunk Cloud: This is a hosted platform; this platform has the same features as “Enterprise” which means you can analyze data from application and website. So their factions are the same.
Splunk Light: It’s not like another platform, it’s a free version that allows search, report, and alter your log data. This version has limited functions and features as other versions.
To be able to enjoy Splunk, you need to understand these three versions and how it works. When you understand it, it’ll help you to know how to use them, when and when not to apply them.
We’ll be explaining to you what this is all about as we proceed with our discussion. Let’s talk about the fundamental components of Splunk architecture.
- Universal Forward: this is also known as “UF”, it’s a lightweight component that pushes the data to a heavy Splunk forwarder. You can also install universal forward at the client-side or application server. The major work of this UF is to forward the log data.
- Load Balancer: It’s also known as “LB”, this helps to balance default Splunk load or you can say it’s a default load balancer.
- Heavy Forward: You can also call it “HF”, this helps in forwarding heavy components, it filter’s data such as collecting only error logs.
- Indexer: It can as well be called “LB”, this allows you to store and index data. It’ll improve Splunk’s search performance. However, Splunk performs the indexing by default. Example data, time, source, and host.
- Search Head: This can also be called “SH”. Search head is mostly used to perform good reporting.
- Development Saver: You can also write it as “DS”. This is very active, you can use it to deploy the configuration such asUF configuration file. You can use a deployment server to share between the components we can use to the deployment server.
- License Manager: It’s also known as “LM”, this is majorly based on volume and usage. For instance, if you use 70GB a day, it checks the licensing details regularly.
How does It work?
Let’s look at how it really works, with the information we’ll be dropping here for you, you can use Splunk on your own without assistance.
Forwarder: This collects data from a remote machine and forwards the data to the index in real-time.
Indexer: This stores and indexes the data on disk and it also processes the incoming data.
Search head: This helps the end-users to interact with Splunk. It permits users to do search and analysis.
You can easily take note of these things, so you can easily operate and access Splunk. Some many persons out there don’t really know about this.
When you learn about It, you can easily teach others. Now we’ll be looking at the application of it, we’ll be telling you how and where you can apply it.
The application of Splunk:
Let’s take a look at what offer works better.
- The offer type, for example, 25% off.
- The cultural differences at a regional level.
- Next is the time of purchase.
- The device used by the customer.
- Revenue generated through their order.
They’re mostly about customer behavior and response. We’ve three processes that use the three data sources.
- The order placed in mac Donald outlet.
- A placed order in the mobile application.
- It orders places using the web application.
How Spunk can help you:
- It shows all the order that is coming across a region.
- It’ll determine how the different promotional offer is impacting in real-time.
- As an employee, you can monitor what customers are saying and render help if the need be.
- It can analyze the speed of different payment modes.
- It also allows you to determine errors from the fee payment mode.
Splunk importance is so many, it reduces troubleshooting and resolving time by offering an immediate result. Text index helps to quickly perform a text. You can also prove expensive for large data volume.
In conclusion, these tools are not really easy to learn, you’ll have to learn them or you can get a note that will serve as a guide. So you can easily operate it. I know you’ll like to use this platform.