What is Vocational Training: Vocational Training Courses and Schools
Are you interested in knowing what Vocational training is? Now, I want to let you know that you’re on the right platform at the best time. We’ll be giving you some basic knowledge about what vocational training is.
What is Vocational Training
Vocational training is also known as VET. However, this VET simply means vocational education and training. Meanwhile, this can also be known as CTE which means Career and technical education.
Well, this kind of training provides good job-specific technical training in a particular career. Also their programs are more like internships and practicals.
With it you’ll gain experience even though you haven’t even really started the career.
Furthermore, vocational training is not just a word; it’s simply a term in the educational sector. Well, it’s a kind of training that’s often used to prepare for a particular trade or craft.
It’s not just used in the university, but also at high school. Most times, students don’t know the kind of education they are having.
About Vocational Education
This is simply the kind of education that prepares people to work in various jobs or as technicians. Some of these jobs may include tradesman or artisan.
Meanwhile, there are certain schools referred to as vocation schools.
Note that they’re schools that are specifically designed for vocational education. Well, History shows that most vocational education takes place in the job site or classroom.
With this, the student will learn trade theory and skills that are accredited by professors.
However, these programs focus mainly on providing hands on-instructions. Also, it can eventually lead to some level of certification, diploma, or certificate.
Some Vocational Training Schools
These Vocational Training schools can be found all over the world today. Meanwhile, some of them are not even properly labeled as vocational schools.
So because of this, I’ll be listing some of the countries that offer vocational education. And these countries are;
- The Commonwealth of Independent States.
- The European Union.
- Hong Kong
- South Korea.
- New Zealand.
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom.
- The United States.
So, in case if you’re residing in any of these countries, then I must say congratulation to you. This is because you can start vocational education.
The Technical and Vocational Education (TVET) and Training and the Vocational education and Training (VET)
We’ve observed that most people often mistake TVET and VET. Well, note that these are two different types of education.
Just like we explained VET, TVET is an education and training platform that gives you the necessary knowledge for employment and skills.
Furthermore, TVET uses many forms of education for example formal, non-formal, and informal learning.
However, it’s said to be important for social equity and inclusion. Also, it’s also important for the sustainability of the development of students.
List of some Vocational Training Courses
Well, since you’re looking for vocational training courses, I suggest you take a look at the list of vocational training courses. However, listed are some of the courses I think you might be interested in.
- Commercial Pilot course.
- Electrical and Electronics Repairman course.
- Web Developer course.
- Cardiovascular Technologist course.
- HVAC Technician course.
- Computer Specialist course.
- Radiation Therapist course.
- Nuclear Technician course.
- Dental Hygienist course.
- Fashion Designer course.
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist course.
- Surgical Technologist course.
- Medical Laboratory Technician course.
- Chemical Plant Operator course.
- Executive Housekeeper course.
- Locomotive Engineer course.
- Personal Trainer course.
- Police Officer course.
- Art/Design course.
- Auto Repair Training course.
- The Automation control course.
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing course.
- The Business and marketing management course.
- Business and Office management course.
- Catering and hotel management course.
- the Culling arts course.
- Collision Repair course.
- The Computer networking management course.
- Construction Management course.
- Daycare management course.
- Diesel Mechanics course.
- Early Child Care Education course.
- Engineering-Mechanical, Civil, Electric and Electronic, Chemical among other courses.
- Food and Beverage Management course.
- Hairstyling, Cosmetics, and Beautification course.
- The Health care and social assistant course.
- Home inspector course.
- Interior Design corse.
- Recognition of Prior Learning Practitioner course.
- Recreation and Community Development course.
- Stucco Applicator course.
- Veterinary Assisting course.
- Victim Services Coordination course.
- Warehouse Worker course.
- The Water and Wastewater Technician course.
- Water Resources Engineering Technology course.
- Welding Applied Certificate course.
- Youth Care Worker (normal Certificate).
- Youth Care Worker (just Diploma).
- Therapeutic Recreation course.
- Tri-Trades Heavy Equipment, Truck, and Transport, Agricultural Machinery Technician courses.
- Underground Mining Core.
- Also, Underground Mining Raise Boring courses.
- Underground Mining Shaft Operations course.
- And finally, Utility Lineworker Technology.
All of these listed courses are the list of vocational training courses. In case you’re interested in applying, you can go for any course of your choice in this article.